Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie theaters ban masks, costumes at ‘Joker’ screenings

Movie theaters ban masks, costumes at ‘Joker’ screenings

A week before “Joker” hits the big screen, movie theaters around the country are banning masks and costumes at showings amid concerns. The FBI has told local law-enforcement agencies to watch for troubling online posts related to the movie.
    https://www.pressherald.com/2019/09/...er-screenings/

I must have missed the memo. What, exactly, are The Authorities worried about?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I must have missed the memo. What, exactly, are The Authorities worried about?
    Rich,

People are concerned about having another mass shooting like the one that occurred in Aurora CO.

https://www.cnet.com/news/joker-dire...ting-concerns/

Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post
    Rich,

People are concerned about having another mass shooting like the one that occurred in Aurora CO.

https://www.cnet.com/news/joker-dire...ting-concerns/
    Ok noted, thanks. Guess this falls under both the Stupid Places and Stupid People rules.

Edit: I read the link. I’m still missing what this particular movie has to do with the horrible event in Colorado.

Edit 2: Ok I read the OP link. I get it now. Clown turns mass murderer. Ok, yeah that’s probably awkward, at best, these days.
    Last edited by RJ; 09-28-2019 at 08:37 AM.

Site Supporter
    Ok noted, thanks. Guess this falls under both the Stupid Places and Stupid People rules.
    Agreed. It’s easier to wait for Netflix. Plus movies at home make it easier to enjoy some frosty adult beverages.

There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter

Edit: I read the link. I’m still missing what this particular movie has to do with the horrible event in Colorado.

Edit 2: Ok I read the OP link. I get it now. Clown turns mass murderer. Ok, yeah that’s probably awkward, at best, these days.
    Clown turned mass murderer is one theme of the movie which ties into the Aurora CO theater shooting. The other aspect of the film is the Joker develops from a very INCEL type individual to a mass murderer.

The extended trailer better shows the dark side of the film.

A sub group of the INCEL community or “INCEL Rebellion” as they like to call it have already latched on to this movie and are referring to themselves as “Clowncels.”

For those not familiar with INCELS and the link between them and mass violence:

Last edited by HCM; 09-28-2019 at 09:37 AM.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Additionally there appears to be a political element of this movie similar to the Batman Rises in that the Joker rises up as somewhat of a ANTIFA type character. The left side of the culture war is not used to being the bad guy in film and seem more irate than normal. https://ew.com/movies/2019/09/26/jok...ft-criticisms/

In general I avoid most movie theaters unless it is Star Wars or my kids want to go. I was a big fan of the Nolan Dark Knight series though and Phoenix looks to be the perfect actor to carry on the Joker role in the Heath Ledger tradition. I am very tempted to see this movie in the theater (we have theaters here that do sell frosty adult beverages at absurd prices but no more absurd than the absurdity that abounds in the proletariat paradise of the SF Bay area), but will wait until all the craziness of opening week dies down.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    “Clowncels.”
    If one has access to the FOUO bulletins from Friendly Buddies Incorporated, I'd strongly recommend you search that word. I can only imagine the poor analyst who had to write up the technical and professional sounding definition....
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Fuck clowns, and masked people in public generally. This is about as bad an idea as open carry in urban area.

I had a situation a few years ago where somedude in clown makeup carrying what turned out to be a fake bloody axe ran into a Mexican restaurant where I and a bunch of other well armed dudes were eating dinner. We had just finished a two day precision tactical match and clown guy was there to scare a girl at her quinceniera. Fortunately no clowns were shot.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 09-28-2019 at 10:51 AM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List