Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best AR-forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    LOL. Interesting choice of words.
    Glad someone's paying attention.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Wow, great answers. Thank you!

So I think, M4C is the answer I was looking for. And it has surprised me that PF is even a better answer. I was ignorant, did not open the AR subforum, only went there a few times via the "New Posts" link and liked it there. Now I will really explore it.

This forum has the best no nonsense info and approach I feel, but I do frequent arfcom for data and info. If you stick to the tech forums the signal to noise isn't too bad usually, and there are so many people there with different configs in rifles to ponder. M4carbine is still good for a few things but I was soured from it for a variety of reasons, along with my old always used local state forum. I read here a lot more than I post but I agree this forum's rifle section could rock!

Agree with everything said thus far.

Other forums are strong on hardware. PF is strong on real-world use. To get the most out of PF, ask a detailed question that your own research has failed to answer. The answer you get may not be the answer you want, but it will be technically and tactically sound. It will also probably be simpler than what you're expecting, and there may be notes of brisket.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    If you have the patients to sift through the irrelevant crap M4Carbine can have some good info. It can be like mining for silver though, meaning a lot of time for a little bit of worthwhile info/knowledge/confirmation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    PF Rifles and Carbine section is like a get together with a few people at a lodge someplace..... The info here is typically solid.

M4 Carbine probably has the most, best info in one place, but it's kinda like a meeting of the British Parliament where they yell at each other, over each other, throw shoes at each other, and occasionally there's some fraud where people don't get paid or something..... Still a great resource.
    The sticky threads at the top of the technical discussion forum are a good place to get a baseline knowledge of the AR without asking a bunch of questions:

https://www.m4carbine.net/forumdispl...cal-Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Sadly, any gun specific forum (AR, AK, Glock, 1911, HK, Sig, etc) is filled with zealots and myopia. Once useful and enjoyable for the most part, they’ve all deteriorated to people shouting at one another to the point that the endless vomiting of opinions completely tramples any bit of useful information and all manor of information exchange.

As much as I love long guns, particularly AR’s, I can’t stomach other boards at this point. PF is it.
    Too true.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

There is no "best."

ARFCOM is fine depending on what you're looking for. The Industry Section is handy for info on new products or to contact a manufacturer with questions. There's also some pretty good subcategories in each forum so you can find discussions on retro builds, optics, ammo, etc. Lots of info on most topics. Yes. There are some knuckleheads who post just for the sake of posting. Just ignore those posts. Take nothing personally and move on. It is just the Internet after all.

M4C used to be a more refined version of ARFCOM. I don't believe that's necessarily the case anymore. Too many "experts" posting their own opinions outshines the actual experts who populate the board now. It used to be kind of a No BS Just the Facts kind of place but too many people are on there nowadays. It is basically ARFCOM lite. It isn't all bad but there's definitely a mindset only people who own "tier one" ARs should be allowed to post. Same advice as above. Look for specific info. Take nothing personally and ignore those who post just for something to do.

Weapon Evolution has some decent info but it is a small community. Not as much activity as some other AR boards. Still a good place to check out.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

User Tag List