Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best AR-forum?

Best AR-forum?

I'm pretty sure, pistol-forum.com is the best pistol forum in the world.

So maybe here is also a good place to ask: What's the best forum for AR15 (and AR10) rifles?

Quote Originally Posted by P30 View Post

So maybe here is also a good place to ask: What's the best forum for AR15 (and AR10) rifles?
    If you are looking for pictures of “my latest build,” or 3 gun mods, probably somewhere else. If you are looking for practical use of AR carbines (and shotguns and practical bolt rifles), PF is a darn good resource, both because of the technical info and tone of the discussions.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

PF all the way

Primary and secondary forums and podcasts are pretty good

Best?

PF is the best as far as signal/noise ratio.

Pistol-forum by far.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

I've perused a few other dedicated forums but have yet to find one with a better SNR than P-F. I'll cross check options by reading other forums, but if I have a serious question I ask it here.

Is there anything specifically that you're looking for in regards to AR15's?
    If you are looking for technical knowledge I would suggest taking an armor course from SOLGW. They provide the how to's and the why's. Plus some industry insider stuff that's good to know.
    If you have the patients to sift through the irrelevant crap M4Carbine can have some good info. It can be like mining for silver though, meaning a lot of time for a little bit of worthwhile info/knowledge/confirmation.

If you have any specific questions about the AR15/M4 platform I'd be glad to answer them the best I can.

Depending on the topic PF does well, not great, but we'll enough. The ignore function works exceedingly well.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    For general rifle/carbine info - I stay here. If there is something specific I need info on such as review of a component or how to use a hydraulic press to get the front sight off an AK then I will go to one of the rifle forums but that is 99% of the time through a Google search.

There is just too much attitude and fanboyism going on at the other places for me to "hang out" there virtually.
    Last edited by Suvorov; 09-28-2019 at 10:18 AM.

PF Rifles and Carbine section is like a get together with a few people at a lodge someplace. There's coffee, cigars and whiskey...and smoked brisket. It's a somewhat cozy atmosphere where we talk about rifles and carbines and sometimes the threads veer off course, but good info remains. Occasionally there's an argument, but things work themselves out. We used to have SME's, some of them still post, some of them never really did, but the SME tag has been done away with. Some members were angry that they or another person wasn't an SME, and the SME bio section never really worked well so a lot of folks, myself included, we didn't know them in person so we didn't know what they did or why they were a SME. I think it was good to let the SME tag go, but we don't see a few of them much anymore. The info here is typically solid.

M4 Carbine probably has the most, best info in one place, but it's kinda like a meeting of the British Parliament where they yell at each other, over each other, throw shoes at each other, and occasionally there's some fraud where people don't get paid or something. During the peak GWOT era, it was hoppin'. All kinds of been there done thats sharing info, people were training, and errbody had a profile pic of them running around a barricade at a training class with a Schmegh around their neck. There was a sub forum dedicated to a few SMEs and industry professionals, LAV, Jason Falla, Kyle Defoor, maybe Pat Mac, where you could ask them questions directly and they'd respond. If you had a question or made a post in another part of the forum, you had better of checked that mother fuckn' search function boy, or your ass was gonna get lit up, and don't even think about asking if your Bushmaster is a good rifle. There's a bunch of M4C expats here at PF. Like here, the SME thing kinda slowly went away, but the SMEs still have the tag in their user title. All that good info from years past is still there, and there is still good info being presented today...but M4C has kinda gone the way most forums do. The membership is getting older, the GWOT is no longer in full swing, and the amount of training AARs are much less. That forum is 13 years old now, and I suspect in another 10 it'll mostly be old farts arguing about arthritis meds instead of whether or not a castle nut needs to be staked. Still a great resource.

Arfcom is for boomers and people that worry about the anodizing on their upper receiver matching the anodizing on their lower.

Much of the same things could be said about Lightfigher that were said about M4C. Great info, not as much activity and occasionally the old subjects can be hard to find, but still a good resource and lots of interaction with industry pro's.

Primary & Secondary is another great source, but they came along a little too late for their forum to be get much traffic. They are very active on Facebook, with a group for basically everything, and they do a good job of keeping the signal to noise ratio in check. Their modcasts on youtube can be quite good, but a little long.

User Tag List