Thread: SBR Barrel length for PPC?

SBR Barrel length for PPC?

I'm ready to hop into the PPC game with a 9mm AR. I've had experience with rental MP5s and 9mm M16s, and I'm ready for that kind of joy to regularly appear in my life.

I'd like to be able to use the gun for USPSA PCC competition, as well as home defense and general range plinking. I do plan to eventually pair the gun with one of the modular suppressors, and would like the gun-plus-short-config-suppressor to stay at/under 16".

Is there a barrel length that best balances action shooting handling with suppressor convenience? I plan to buy a 16" rifle, file my SBR paperwork, and then have the barrel chopped and threaded at my desired length. I was hoping that some of our PCC-experienced members might be able to offer their views on how barrel length affects handling in the action shooting sports.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

I'm not a PCCer, but I see a lot of practitioners with their support arm nearly straight out.
    If you go that way, you need a long enough barrel and handguard.
    Last edited by Jim Watson; 09-27-2019 at 10:44 PM.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Yeah, if I give myself a nominal length of 4" for the short configs of the modular suppressors, I could get away with a 12" barrel.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

@rob_s, thank you for the link, seems like we are traveling down similar paths in wanting to have both a gun that can work well with a suppressor and be suited for USPSA PCC.

User Tag List