Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: USB Rechargeable EDC Light

Site Supporter
    I found the side-button olights too difficult to turn on in the dark without fiddling and they will turn on if you carry them in the bottom of your pocket. For me the thing keeping the Stiletto from being a great EDC light is a more usable medium power. Low is too low and medium is too bright. The light runs down too quickly using 250lms for utility tasks.
    After I got over my 'I'll get kilt in the streetz if I have less than 500lms' the streamlight usb has been great. If I want more of a spotlight I will augment with a 1l-1aa or 2L-x.
    Adam

The Microstream is actually 250 Lumens, not 120 as previously stated.

My wife and I both carry the bronze Miscrostream. We also have one on the dog’s leash. All my Surefire handheld lights are now retired.
    Semper Paratus,

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I'm using the Streamlight ProTac 2L-X USB. I very much like the programming from Max-Strobe-Low and was a significant decision making point.

It's also somewhat affordable. I'm not into that game of paying for high end lights. To be honest, the reason I got it is because I liked my issued Streamlight Protac 2L but wanted the USB recharge feature....I didn't really feel a need to look around that much, YMMV.
    I bought one of these over the weekend because @TGS. It's small enough that I'd carry it all day if I didn't have the Microstream. Great for taking the dogs out, and my life likes it enough that I ordered one for her. She wants hers programmed for high only. Currently running mine in low-high, which I would like better as high-low. May go back to the original H-S-L programming.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

I EDC a Klarus XT2CR. I was originally a Surefire/Streamlight carrier but did some reading when I needed to replace my battered Streamlight. Heard and read a good amount of info regarding Klarus and I had Amazon credit so I picked one up. Has a "tactical" setting and an outdoor setting. 2 modes of activation. Push button and pedal type. Push for momentary, click for constant, momentary can cycle through modes from ultra, high, medium, low etc. Tactical changes things to ultra on push/click and strobe with the pedal. Not your thing but the outdoor mode is something to look at and is the default setting on the flashlight. It also has a SOS feature that runs for 2 hours. Just throwing my .02 cents in.

Name:  Thyrm Switchback 2.0 Fenix x2.jpg
Views: 557
Size:  39.7 KB Fenix PD35 TAC or Fenix TK15UE with a Thyrm Switchback. Both lights are 1000 lumens. Fenix has a few 1600 lumens lights suitable for EDC.

Site Supporter
    Bringing this back up. Any newer USB rechargeable EDC lights on the market that people like or are these still the recommendations? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Bringing this back up. Any newer USB rechargeable EDC lights on the market that people like or are these still the recommendations? Thanks.
    I have Surefire, Olight, and Fenix. My new EDC and favorite is the Fenix TK16 v2.0. It may be a little bigger than some want to EDC but if I'm carrying one light this is the one. 3100 lumens (turbo) and 380 meter throw (36,100 candela). Dual tail cap switches for one-handed operation. https://www.fenix-store.com/fenix-tk...t-3100-lumens/

Name:  Fenix TK16v2.0 2.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  36.6 KB

I got a Klarus E1 for Mrs. CF. Very compact and bright.

https://amazon.com/dp/B07W93D3XZ/
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Streamlight Macrostream.

Great size in between the Microstream (too small IMO) and the Streamlight 2L-X USB, which is doable for EDC but definitely on the large size for me. It's just less intrusive feeling. Came out earlier this year, maybe late last year.

You don't have to remove the battery to charge, either. The head slides forward which exposes a charging port. Just *that* much more convenient.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List