Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: “No One is Coming to Save You” is trademarked by Runeation LLC

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    I have no thoughts on the guy or the phrase or the trademarking, but I did misread the company name as a misspelling of "remuneration" and this confused me so much I googled it and the first hit was from a nun-specific forum, asking about how nuns get compensated for their work in the form of a pun: "reNUNeration?"

I had to come back here to clarify the spelling because the more I looked into it, the more confused I was getting.

I did eventually grasp the "rune nation" meaning but it was a strange few minutes there.
    If you want Hambo's money, you need to not make your business name so cutesy that I have to puzzle it out. Short attention span, I am a bear of very little brain, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    So, here's my real deal. This dude might be offering squared away training, but I have to ask myself...why would I give him money? Unless I woke up one morning and Craig, Ernest, Tom, Cecil, Hilton, Duffy, Jedi, and like 15 other people were all in some kind of freak building collapse at SHOT Show, why? What makes this guy worth my money?
    I agree wholeheartedly that there is a short list of people worth paying. There is no point to diving in the shallow end of the training pool.

Also, I have a way better beard than this guy.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

He sells hair product on his website. That's all I need to see.

“No One is Coming to Save You” is trademarked by Runeation LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    He sells hair product on his website. That's all I need to see.
    It’s “pomade.”

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076F5NMYR..._fm2JDb26J1QFR
    Last edited by RJ; 09-28-2019 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I'm a Dapper Dan man...

If you're old enough to remember what the firearms/tactics training paradigm looked like prior to 1990, you'll understand the context of my comments.

Since the Gulf Wars, every newcomer to the firearms training business has had to have a "hook" ... something to distinguish himself from those already well established in the business. Some of the hooks have been relevant and useful, but a disproportionate number of them have just been an attempt to reinvent the wheel by calling it something besides a wheel.

What this gentleman is doing to market himself has been already been done many, many times already. The challenge is finding a hook that hasn't already been nabbed.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    If you want Hambo's money, you need to not make your business name so cutesy that I have to puzzle it out. Short attention span, I am a bear of very little brain, etc.

I agree wholeheartedly that there is a short list of people worth paying. There is no point to diving in the shallow end of the training pool.

Also, I have a way better beard than this guy.

I'm going to be opening my school soon, it's named Roux-Nation.

Now, I can't cook but I know good food when I taste it...and Cajun and French chefs can't all be wrong.

I will not, however, be selling pomade...I gar-on-tee!!!
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Trademarking the phrase is pure douchebaggery.

Not to mention selling men’s hair/beard products in conjunction with tactical training is not even an original idea. Kyle Lamb of Viking Tactics brand:

https://musketandhatchet.com/viking-...-balm-is-here/

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Trademarking the phrase is pure douchebaggery.

Not to mention selling men’s hair/beard products in conjunction with tactical training is not even an original idea. Kyle Lamb of Viking Tactics brand:

https://musketandhatchet.com/viking-...-balm-is-here/
    It would make sense to sell those products for MMA classes to facilitate slipping out of those pesky triangle chokes.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    It’s “pomade.”
    Or napalm as my youngest stepson called it when he was around 9 or 10.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I'm going to be opening my school soon, it's named Roux-Nation.

Now, I can't cook but I know good food when I taste it...and Cajun and French chefs can't all be wrong.

I will not, however, be selling pomade...I gar-on-tee!!!
    Name:  E4C8CCDE-807F-4515-BBF9-881DE509F676.jpeg
Views: 366
Size:  47.7 KB
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    From his YT channel: "Ian Strimbeck is an accomplished author and educator in the realm of Personal Defense. He is the Founder and Owner of Runenation LLC."

From Personal Defense Network: "Ian Strimbeck is a veteran of the United States Marine Corps and head instructor at Freedom Hill Gear. He has been deployed twice, once in support of OIF and then in support of the 22nd MEU as an Infantry Rifleman. He is a Combat Focus Shooting instructor, Fit Shot coach, and founding member of ADSI. Ian is a Salem State University graduate and attained a Bachelor of Science degree in Communications.
    Ian has trained under combatives instructors such as Craig Douglas, Cecil Burch, Chris Fry, and Tom Sotis. When not teaching, Ian is a student of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and CrossFit. He also works for Resolute Security Group providing Executive Protection services for international dignitaries, VIPs, and celebrities."

No idea who Ian is beyond that, but his website definitely conveys a feel that I wouldn't care to pay money for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    That’s enough for me to draw some conclusions.
    TBH he lost me at Crossfit.

User Tag List