Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: “No One is Coming to Save You” is trademarked by Runeation LLC

FWIW, almost half the US is inked. It’s something like 35 percent of people above the age of 40. If you believe the stats all across the board, from all invested/biased sources, it would seem that there may be more tat owners than gun owners.

By way of comparison, about 8 percent of US *households* have a motorcycle, and about 1.5 percent of Americans have a doctorate of any sort, let alone Psych, music, or any one discipline.

All of which is to say; no matter what one thinks of tattoos, they are hardly abnormal or fringe at this point. Now, PhDs, on the other hand... that is a deviant subculture.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Or ever intend to.
    One of my wards from a few years back went straight after reform school. He is now a barber but has all gang ink including tats all over head, neck, and face. Hands too are covered. I see him in the lgs. He has a licensed to carry. Evidently there were not convictions in his juvenile history that kept him from getting the license. Texas requires applicants to sign an affidavit to release juvenile records.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    FWIW, almost half the US is inked. It’s something like 35 percent of people above the age of 40. If you believe the stats all across the board, from all invested/biased sources, it would seem that there may be more tat owners than gun owners.

By way of comparison, about 8 percent of US *households* have a motorcycle, and about 1.5 percent of Americans have a doctorate of any sort, let alone Psych, music, or any one discipline.

All of which is to say; no matter what one thinks of tattoos, they are hardly abnormal or fringe at this point. Now, PhDs, on the other hand... that is a deviant subculture.
    So what you're saying is I should get a PHD to go with my guns, tatoos and motorbike?

Site Supporter
    The single baddest motherfucker I know has zero tattoos and wears the Tru-Spec pants and the Crye JPC he was issued, because he has more important shit to worry about than what pants and plate carrier is the latest tre chic tactical. He's a chemical engineering dork that found his way into a gym and a very serious good guy job, and he loves cheesy, punny dad jokes. You would never know he was such a bad motherfucker until it was time for him to rumble.

The very close 2nd place baddest motherfucker I know grew up in communist Russia and has a few tats that are easily concealed professionally, but he's usually in blue jeans and a t-shirt because he's too busy spending money on BJJ, ammo, and pumping more HP into his Mustang GT to give a fuck about tactical pants or a plate carrier or any of that shit. He's also an RN in a busy emergency room and his scrubs hide everything and you'd think he was a somewhat athletic soft-spoken Russian dude that smiles and laughs a lot unless you noticed his cauliflower ear.
    He's had some funny stories about patients that try to flex or act up thinking that younger female staff or older doctors would be intimidated, but they just get him instead. There's still a lot of fuck-you Russian that he's happy to pour out should someone demand a pint or quart of his bad side.

Meanwhile, one of the most (if not THE most) brillantly smart people I've ever met has both sleeves and a shitload of very well done back/etc tats. But if you saw him in a button up shirt and slacks you'd never see his ink and you'd have no idea whatsoever that he was the kind of dude to get inked up.

Bucket people on first impressions at your own peril. The best people I've ever known can blend well with a wide variety of crowds and situations, both professional and personal.

If you make life choices that limit your ability to 'blend', well, be cognizant of it and don't be a whiner.

I feel that too many people, such as the subject in the OP, get caught up in persona-driven, stylized lifestyle Instagramesque marketing that gets very one-dimensional very quickly, and that has a number of very real shortfalls.
    It is especially undesirable when one's product/training may be needed in the realms of violence or law, for all the reasons already articulated here.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    So what you're saying is I should get a PHD to go with my guns, tatoos and motorbike?
    Only if you want to increase your hipster quotient. A PhD would go well with a ‘74 Moto Guzzi Eldorado, a tattoo sleeve dedicated to koko the clown, and your Beretta ‘35. And Oat milk. "It’s a terminal degree in a pretty cool field of study... you probably haven’t heard of it..."

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

"No one is coming to save you..."

Oh yeah?...

There's nothing civil about this war.

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    Nah, nm.
    Last edited by Medusa; 10-02-2019 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Only if you want to increase your hipster quotient. A PhD would go well with a ‘74 Moto Guzzi Eldorado, a tattoo sleeve dedicated to koko the clown, and your Beretta ‘35. And Oat milk. "It’s a terminal degree in a pretty cool field of study... you probably haven’t heard of it..."

I mean my hipster quotient is pretty high already. All my tattoos are themed and I ride a retro Vespa around Miami. But I do it unironically because I enjoy it, so does that help or make it worse?

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    But I do it unironically because I enjoy it, so does that help or make it worse?
    Oh man... I’m not sure what to make of this...

Is the Vespa a 2-stroke?

Incidentally, I TOTALLY know what this dude should call his entangled fight POI:

FUThark

(Seriously, look it up!)

User Tag List