Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: “No One is Coming to Save You” is trademarked by Runeation LLC

Dont know anything about him based on looks alone I cant help but wonder if he’s related to Instructor Zero.
    There was a thread on Instructor Zero here actually. https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post160265
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    In my house the current ranking is:

Idiot -> Moron -> Dumbass -> Retard -> Fucktard

Of course each of those can be enhanced with an adjective like, “You are a fucking idiot.”

For the appropriate use of fucktard - think about instances where a monkey fucking a football kind of situation.

Like, “Only a fucktard would buy pomade from a firearms trainer.”
    I won't go into detail, but "you are one stupid mother fucker if you..." recently came out of my mouth. LT responded to the room with, "See? We could have saved a lot of time if we'd waited until he was back to have the meeting."
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post
    White Claw

For those who are too lazy or incompetent to make a vodka and soda. I guess that’s most people these days.🤣
    That's what I thought until I tried 'em. They aren't a vodka soda replacement, they are a magical elixir of bad decision making just waiting to happen.

"Ain't no laws when you're drinking claws!"

BTW, tats and facial hair seem to be making it towards mainstream acceptance and respectability. I am probably sticking to my "no tats that can't be covered by short-sleeves and long pants" rule, but I'm not going to hold anyone else to my really arbitrary set of standards.

That being said, there is a mix of tats, "tacticality," grooming, and warrior culture mythos that sets off my Walter Mitty alarm bells. Quite possible I'm being a hypocritical jerk.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Maybe he can branch out to shovels and K-Y....
    Of course, a sensitive shovellover is attuned to the proper arousal of his or her shovel, and doesn't require lube before commencing the act of lovemaking.
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    You seem to know more about this than any straight man should.

Chris
    Stereotyping is mean. Why shouldn't a straight man be able to educate us on bidets and manscaping? Stinky cracks are a problem that transcends sexual orientation.
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    That's what I thought until I tried 'em. They aren't a vodka soda replacement, they are a magical elixir of bad decision making just waiting to happen.

"Ain't no laws when you're drinking claws!"

BTW, tats and facial hair seem to be making it towards mainstream acceptance and respectability. I am probably sticking to my "no tats that can't be covered by short-sleeves and long pants" rule, but I'm not going to hold anyone else to my really arbitrary set of standards.

That being said, there is a mix of tats, "tacticality," grooming, and warrior culture mythos that sets off my Walter Mitty alarm bells. Quite possible I'm being a hypocritical jerk.
    White Claw? Did someone hijack your PF account?🤣🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I agree that the whole package isn't instilling much confidence.

I can't take a guy who actively sells hair pomade seriously.

Nor, frankly, can I take a guy who has been training people, less time than I've been in grad school, seriously.

From personal experience, it takes a long time to refine a curriculum and convey it well. And roughly a decade of significant commitment to a single set of skills to actually be an expert. He's teaching everything from cross-fit to rifle shooting. I don't see how anyone can do this effectively in the time frame he has used. He has no significant experience outside of .MIL, no LE, no broader sets of certifications, and as far as I can see no other qualifications (what's this guys USPSA ranking? 3-gun ranking? You don't need these to be an instructor, but they can be used as alternative qualifications to other forms of experience).

There is a reason we tend to sub-divide trainers by sub-discipline. Hell "Shivworks" is a Collective of trainers for that exact purpose...If 5 extremely intelligent highly experienced men came to the conclusion that you can't teach everything - why does Ruination think he can?

I hope that he is successful in his ventures. But I will remain skeptical until a substantial number of beta testers have moved through the curriculum.

Right now, I have on my agenda more specialized course work (ECQC, shotgun skills, trauma skills) long before I head over to see what Pomade is selling.

It doesn't take a decade to put together a curriculum for English Comp 101 at a local community college - especially if you are just cribbing it from the English 101 class you took a year ago. He's teaching same carbine/pistol concepts and drills that hundreds of other people are teaching. (Thousands if you include all the LEO firearm trainers out there.) It isn't groundbreaking and it's not hard to do a yeoman's job of it. Seriously, don't make the pistol/carbine flat range stuff more than it is .

I'll grant that the part that appears Shivworks-esque is trickier, as those concepts are not as widespread. But I don't begrudge him for attempting.

The notion that you should have to go to Southnarc to learn gun grappling or shooting from retention is elitist and unhelpful to our community, since those skills are very necessary and shouldn't be limited to just those that are fortunate enough to make one of SN's classes.

I would hope that he's open about where he picked up is stuff and gives credit, but contending only Shivworks can teach those concepts it is wrong.

--------

For the guys that said "It's just marketing. Cut him some slack." I say, of course it's just marketing. And just as marketing can gain you clients, it can also lose them. It's douchey to trademark a phrase that's been in use a long time. I at least find it cheesy to put some many 'action' shots of yourself on your webpage, but that in and of itself isn't a reason to reject him. He may be a perfectly fine instructor.

-------

Did you guys know RevolverRob was in grad school? I didn't, because he certainly doesn't mention it over and over.
    Last edited by BigD; 09-29-2019 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post
    For the guys that said "It's just marketing. Cut him some slack." I say, of course it's just marketing. And just as marketing can gain you clients, it can also lose them. It's douchey to trademark a phrase that's been in use a long time. I at least find it cheesy to put some many 'action' shots of yourself on your webpage, but that in and of itself isn't a reason to reject him. He may be a perfectly fine instructor.

-------

Did you guys know RevolverRob was in grad school? I didn't, because he certainly doesn't mention it over and over.

"So, 'Tom Terrific' is not gonna happen? Rats!!!"
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post
    White Claw? Did someone hijack your PF account?🤣🤣🤣
    I'm sure the link to the last scene of season two of "Twin Peaks" in my "apocalypse" thread is not a veiled warning about what happened to Mr. Anders.

I mean what happened to me, of course.

BTW, how's Annie?
    Last edited by Baldanders; 09-29-2019 at 01:54 PM.
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Couldn’t care less about his hair, his tats, or his resume (or lack there of on any of those counts).

Taking a phrase that you clearly didn’t originate and trademarking it tells me all I need to know.

Which, btw, from my limited understanding having been through something similar (a corporation trademarked or copyrighted a term I came up with), if it’s shown to have been in common use prior to the trademark/copyright being issued, the paper is pretty much worthless.

User Tag List