Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: “No One is Coming to Save You” is trademarked by Runeation LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    Somehow, my brain dropped an "e" and I read it as "ruination."

But that might not have been a totally inaccurate reading.

Jeez, that's a cheesy website.
    That's what my old brain came up with also.

Guy has to do something about marketing to people who can fill out a 4473 without help.

What's with the full sleeve tats? Is that a requirement for all operators and restaurant servers these days?
    Last edited by Borderland; 09-28-2019 at 09:50 AM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    That’s enough for me to draw some conclusions.
    For what it's worth, I didn't see anything during one of his carbine/pistol classes that raised a flag. Actually, one of the things I noticed was an older facebook conversation he had with Mr. Pincus where it was very clear they disagreed with each other a lot. Not everyone is fortunate to have sought instructor development with Mr. Givens, for example. I don't know that it would be worth trying to hide or omit having something or someone negative or controversial in your background in trying to get your name out there for classes in the age of the internet. That would certainly be enough for *me* to draw some conclusions.

Something I noticed in the bag of free books I received when coming back from the Gun Rights Policy Conference last weekend was that while most of the titles indicated a focus on rights and activism , the only one having to do with technical skills was a 'level one' book from the USCCA.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/pro...vel-1-mb10042/

If his panel speech during the conference and seeing his name on the cover of this book were the first impressions made on me of his existence, and doubtless there are attendees for that which is true, I'd like to think it wouldn't make a difference on what I think of him now, but then again I go to training often enough that it wouldn't make sense for me to recommend seeing only one or two instructors for a given area of personal protection.

Between this, and knowing that the Second Amendment Foundation also had some collaboration with Front Sight Institute and its founder, I have to ask if I'm not the first person to question why there's not, say, a training panel with more instructors (there were certainly several Rangemaster/Tac-Con alumni in the attendance to compose one) instead of only two of the more controversial names recognized as such within our subculture.

Two people who had something to do with FASTER integration in their local communities (Ohio and Colorado) did have a panel to themselves school disarmament, but that's not quite what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    What's with the full sleeve tats? Is that a requirement for all operators and restaurant servers these days?
    Sleeves are definitely a thing these days. I can't complain, sleeves are awesome, especially on women.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I'm going to be opening my school soon, it's named Roux-Nation.

Now, I can't cook but I know good food when I taste it...and Cajun and French chefs can't all be wrong.

I will not, however, be selling pomade...I gar-on-tee!!!
    I'm stealing this joke from Tamara but I will legitimately spend the money to go to this school if you train people under the pseudonym Traux Le'Count.

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    I'm stealing this joke from Tamara but I will legitimately spend the money to go to this school if you train people under the pseudonym Traux Le'Count.
    Dear Ms. Anthropist,

Welcome to Roux-Nation.

On behalf of our lead instructor, Traux Le'Count, we appreciate your interest in our culinary school.

Someone will be coming to save serve you (shortly).

Best regards,

Pepe Le Pew

Proprietor
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I'm going to be opening my school soon, it's named Roux-Nation.

Now, I can't cook but I know good food when I taste it...and Cajun and French chefs can't all be wrong.

I will not, however, be selling pomade...I gar-on-tee!!!
    So your marketing angle is "overeating gun owners."

That net might just be wide enough to catch a few fish.

I see branded suspenders and elastic waistband pants as natural fits for your online store. As well as Roux-Nation Cajun Seasoning. "The flavor's on target!"
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    So your marketing angle is "overeating gun owners."

That net might just be wide enough to catch a few fish.

I see branded suspenders and elastic waistband pants as natural fits for your online store. As well as Roux-Nation Cajun Seasoning. "The flavor's on target!"
    Quite a few will bite the bullet after they read our reviews.

(And I thought only motorcyclists were fatties.)

There's a place for you in our marketing department. Please contact our law firm, Dewey, Cheatham & Howe to obtain necessary paperwork to join our family operation.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Dear Ms. Anthropist,

Welcome to Roux-Nation.

On behalf of our lead instructor, Traux Le'Count, we appreciate your interest in our culinary school.

Someone will be coming to save serve you (shortly).

Best regards,

Pepe Le Pew

Proprietor
    So where do I sign up? My belly needs "saving."

I just showed the name of the company to my wife and asked her to pronounce it and she came up with "ruination" too. Market research can be useful.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

There are enough quality, vetted instructors I still want to train with that any new one will need to have impressive references to be considered. Especially if their background is just a few years in the conventional military and being a student with top tier trainers.

Site Supporter
    This may be a touch tangential but if I get into a legal situation and need my trainer to testify - a more professional appearance might be useful. The professional appearance of Ayoob, Givens, Karl Rehn, the crew from Insights, Hayes, etc. vs the sleeve tattoo folks - something to think about.

Would the trainer be willing to get a hair cut to testify?

User Tag List