Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RDS for Sig P320 X5 Legion?

Site Supporter

RDS for Sig P320 X5 Legion?

Gentlemen--I bought a Sig P320 X5 Legion yesterday. Anticipated uses are casual gaming and nightstand. The search now begins for an "appropriate " RDS. If my research is correct, I can mount either the Leupold DPP or the new Sig Romeo 1 Pro without an adapter plate. Your thoughts? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming Shooter View Post
    Gentlemen--I bought a Sig P320 X5 Legion yesterday. Anticipated uses are casual gaming and nightstand. The search now begins for an "appropriate " RDS. If my research is correct, I can mount either the Leupold DPP or the new Sig Romeo 1 Pro without an adapter plate. Your thoughts? Thanks!
    DP Pro lens will get quickly fouled by blast coming out of the LCI. Sig will switch for a non LCI barrel, but that takes a return trip.

I think the Sig Romeo Max 3 or Trijicon SRO, mounted via a Springer Precision mounting plate is the way to go now. My wife, friend and I used to use the SRO, but are running the Max 3, and think it is slightly better for competition, but I would go SRO if it is for timmie pursuits.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter

Thanks George!

Does the Max 3 require a plate?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming Shooter View Post
    Does the Max 3 require a plate?
    Yes, but it it is an improved design from Springer, that mounts with screws from the top, and has steel sleeves for the optic screws in the alloy plate.

https://shop.springerprecision.com/S...unt-SP0202.htm

Name:  C24DA201-E68A-43DD-ACE1-25416B5A7227.jpg
Views: 10125
Size:  86.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I think the Sig Romeo Max 3 or Trijicon SRO, mounted via a Springer Precision mounting plate is the way to go now. My wife, friend and I used to use the SRO, but are running the Max 3, and think it is slightly better for competition, but I would go SRO if it is for timmie pursuits.
    Do you have any time with the Romeo 3 XL?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    DP Pro lens will get quickly fouled by blast coming out of the LCI. Sig will switch for a non LCI barrel, but that takes a return trip.

Disregard PM I sent. This was the answer to my question. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jbrimlow View Post
    Do you have any time with the Romeo 3 XL?
    Nope, but looks like a wider Romeo 3 Max.

Site Supporter
    @GJM what do you think about the height over bore on that dot versus a milled set up with a deep set optic in regards to shooting performance.
    Last edited by Caballoflaco; 09-27-2019 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    @GJM what do you think about the height over bore on that dot versus a milled set up with a deep set optic in regards to shooting performance.
    If the question is whether I notice any difference shooting the direct mounted DP on a 320 Legion, or an optic higher on a Springer plate, I see no difference in performance. If the question is about the height over bore on the 320. Erasmus other pistols, I feel the height, but shoot it faster than pistols with a lower height over bore. Multiple friends with the Legion, plus my wife, all feel the same.

Site Supporter

Thanks again George!

George - Thanks again for your input. How has the Romeo 3 Max held up? I wonder if that technology will be transferred to the new Romeo 1 Pro.

User Tag List