Thread: Tanfoglio/EAA Witness Limited

Tanfoglio/EAA Witness Limited

I'm still pretty new to shooting USPSA w/o any quality dedicated gamer gear. So far I've just muddled along with my concealed carry equipment.
    I ran across an old race gun in a local gun shop. It's a Tanfoglio/EAA Witness Limited in 40 S&W. I looks similar to the Elite Limited, but w/o the added mag well flare. The over-sized safety, mag release, hammer, and SAO trigger appear to be the same. The price is right and it still seems tight.

My question is: is something like this a good choice for a first "gamer gun"? Have the rules moved on to where it no longer has a home? e.g. I checked the list for production and could not find the regular Witness Limited, just the Witness Elite Limited. I'm assuming that means it's not allowed. Is there a class where it could excel? Would parts be available?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

SAO is not allowed in Production.

Limited is the natural home of .40 Major. (Do you or will you reload .40?)

You would need magazine extensions or the expensive MBX magazines.
    A USPSA target array is not supposed to exceed 8 hits, so a lot of stages will have 8 hit arrays. A 17+ shot magazine so you can shoot two banks of targets is desirable.

My last match had two stages at 32 rounds 4x8; two at 20 rounds 4, 6, 6, 4; two classifiers with mandatory reloads at 6.

Benos has a section dedicated to Tanfoglio pistols and a lot of other information.
    https://forums.brianenos.com/forum/2...oglio-eaa-ifg/
    Last edited by Jim Watson; 09-27-2019 at 08:46 AM.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

A shooter with a current iteration of this gun is leading the field through the first day of the Limited Nationals. Tangos shoot well, question is whether they will run. Based on a personal experience, I would not buy a Tanfo that's not of a recent manufacturing. As Jim mentioned, SAO Limited 0.40 is something you could run well in the Limited division, and that division only.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List