Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dueck Defense RBU feedback?

Dueck Defense RBU feedback?

Looking at the options to mount a MRDS that don’t require milling a slide, I found the Dueck Defense Red Dot Back Up Sight. I also found the review by @voodoo_man but not much else.

Who else has tried one and what did you think? Thanks!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I had one for a bit on a Glock 26 with an RMR to have a carry gun with a red dot. I went with the RBU over the Raven Concealment version since I would also be able to use the SCD "Gadget". No issues with the hardware itself, but the height of the overall package was tall. Taller than an MOS with an RMR, which led to the RMR pointed hood actually printing through my shirt more than I liked. The rear sight notch was also extremely sharp and uncomfortable to carry appendix without a body shield built into the holster.

Shooting wise, it held zero and I never questioned if it would come off. I only shot the back up sights at 7 yards, but performed better than I expected for such a short radius. Perhaps if you want to test the waters with a red dot pistol and you don't have an optics-cut pistol it's a solid choice. I wouldn't recommend it for appendix carry without having some type of protection from the sharp metal edges.

Name:  aaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
Views: 4617
Size:  58.0 KB

Thanks! This wouldn’t be for carry, just a different way to try the dot life before committing to a slide and milling.

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Thanks! This wouldn’t be for carry, just a different way to try the dot life before committing to a slide and milling.
    That's what it's designed for. As I said in my review it was a good way of testing a concept and seeing a dot would work on a particular Glock. I'd recommend optic specific milling if you are going to use it for real world purposes however.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Thanks, just making sure it hadn’t fallen apart or blown up 6 months after the review or anything.

Thanks, just making sure it hadn’t fallen apart or blown up 6 months after the review or anything.
    I had it for around two years, so if any issues were going to pop up, they would have been seen.
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Looking at the options to mount a MRDS that don’t require milling a slide, I found the Dueck Defense Red Dot Back Up Sight. I also found the review by @voodoo_man but not much else.

Who else has tried one and what did you think? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I had it for around two years, so if any issues were going to pop up, they would have been seen.
    Good to know. I decided to go this route for one of my G17's to really see if I wanted to commit to the dot prior to having 2 slides milled. Truth be told, I will probably just leave the RBU on this one since it is a dedicated training gun and will just have my carry gun milled when the time comes.

Does anyone know if the mount and optic work with the Safariland RDS holsters?

Quote Originally Posted by Vista461 View Post
    Haven't tried but I believe it's too tall there isn't that much of clearance from what I remember...
    VDMSR.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vista461 View Post
    Vista, yes it will work fine. I’ve used the RBU in an older rmr model Safariland holster and the newer model with “Cheeto” guard. Haven’t had a problem with either.

User Tag List