Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Grip printing with pocket carry.

I deal with pocket carry printing by putting my hand in my pocket and assuming a firing grip on the gun.

As a former Marine, who was indoctrinated not to walk or stand with hands in pockets, it feels a bit strange. But it works.

I carried a 640 for 8 or 10 years, mostly with no holster. It carried OK, rarely moved even doing construction work, but tended to wear through the pocket with the serrations on the front sight and the edge of the cylinder. I started wearing jeans more, black LL Bean, they work fine, the black reduces the printing. I use a milk jug holster once the barrel wears through the pocket material and I dont feel like sewing it up, but it makes the gun sit higher which I dont like. Ive been thinking of trying the iron on patches on both sides of the pocket to make it stronger to resist wearing and help break up the shape some. Sewing canvas over the pocket would work also. Pocket material is so wimpy. Whats up with that?
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

I've heard enough good things about Aholsters pocket holster that I ordered one, but have yet to receive it. They offer two different versions for revolvers.

Banned
    DeSantis makes a pocket holster with a flap that breaks up the outline of your gun. I think it's called a Super Fly.
    I found a video on YouTube

Last edited by Cypher; 09-26-2019 at 10:34 PM.

Sorry for the obnoxiously large pictures, I'm hotlinking and don't know how to resize...

Recluse TS:

Talon Wallet holster:

J&J Wallet holster:

Just be careful when ordering wallet holsters for front pocket carry. Some do not have that square panel as a separate flap which means your strong hand can't grip the gun when it is in your strong side pocket. These wallet holsters are for your back pocket only. An example is the Alabama holster which wouldn't print in your left front pocket, but you'd have to use your right hand to draw it!
    Last edited by 0ddl0t; 09-27-2019 at 07:35 AM.

I pocket carry a G42 or G43 using a Boraii Eagle pocket holster (the only pocket holster I can tolerate using in my front pocket). I wear Carhartt B357 shorts most of the year. When I look down at my pocket I can see a bulge from the grip but when I stand in front of a mirror it's hardly noticeable from any angle. Nobody notices, even my wife, who knows I always carry.

I like to use the Pocket Shield because it is relatively thin and takes up a bit less room in dress slacks than the holsters with a leather "flap" in front. I found the Super Fly to also be a tad thicker than ideal for me. Where those holsters really shine I think is fro cargo pocket carry. Being a bit more blocky and square-ish is a bit of a negative for most pockets I have, but for cargo pockets is close to ideal for keeping the gun in a consistent orientation.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Quote Originally Posted by 358156hp View Post
    I've heard enough good things about Aholsters pocket holster that I ordered one, but have yet to receive it. They offer two different versions for revolvers.
    I’ve had really good luck with my 442 in an Aholster. I’m able to pocket carry in my Levi’s and CK jeans fairly easily. The pockets in my CKs are just about perfect. I have a small keyring of keys for my various small safes that I keep with me. I put that ring in the same pocket and position it in the same corner as where the front sight is. This kicks that corner of the holster out and tucks the grip more in to my leg reducing printing. Darker jeans also help in reducing the printing, but I have 0 issues in lighter wash CKs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 358156hp View Post
    I've enjoyed my Aholster for the 642. I took a heat gun and slightly formed the plastic to grip the front of the trigger guard, providing a little more friction to keep the gun and holster together when out of the pocket.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Site Supporter
    After watching "the interview" I decided to get a gun for when I can't carry a gun, as DB put it. Bought a 642 and a Bianchi pocket holster. I've worn jeans my entire life and still do in my doting retirement years. When I put the holstered 642 in my right front pocket my wife's question when she saw me was, "Is that the new gun you just got?" Either this isn't going to work, or I'm going to have to completely change my wardrobe and that's hard to do a my age and level of stubborn. (smile)

Dave

User Tag List