Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Grip printing with pocket carry.

Try it without the holster.

If thats not working, try one size larger jeans just to loosen them up a little.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

It's a world of trade-offs. To me, a 442 with an LG-405 in an RKBA looks less like a gun than anything else I've tried. Even in jeans. it's just an unidentifiable blob. Unfortunately, it's not made anymore but some of the PCS holsters may come close. The pocket speed scabbord is probably the closest. I don't have one so cant say for sure. Downside, compact grips aren't much fun to shoot and practice with, and the LG-405 is no exception.

Other things that I've tried:
    1. G42 in a Recluse - too big and the cover flap forces your finger into the trigger guard while the gun is still in your pocket. No way will I ever use it so mines till looks like new.
    2. G42 in an Aholster - Screams gun in pocket and comes out with the gun too easy. I covered mine in one sided sticky felt to give it some pocket retention. Might be better with a revolver, but I don't get the fascination.
    3. LCP in a Nemesis - very light and comfy, but in the wrong pants, it still looks like a gun. Ok in some cargo's.
    4. 442 or LCR with a Pachmayr Diamond Pro grip in a Safariland 25 -vastly superior grip for a small revolver and the compactness of the Safariland makes it usable, but this combo still requires 6" vertical or semi-vertical pocket openings.
    5. G43 with a MIC and a short knotted paracord pull string - also requires at least 6" pocket openings. Same MIC would also work with a G42. My favorite cargo shorts carry, but not viable with jeans. Works well with Kohl's Sonoma Flexwear shorts, but take a tape with you & measure the openings. Some tether it, but I don't like something other than me pulling on the gun when I'm trying to get it on target. Downside - takes 2 hands, but so does covered AIWB. Also, if you have to use it and drop the MIC (as you probably should), you may still be hot w/o anything to cover the trigger. 2 is 1, so carry a backup MIC.

One last thing, while pocket carry can be comfy, it's almost impossible to avoid inadvertent muzzle sweeps when sitting in public. It can be good for quick trips out or sitting around the house when little one's and others aren't around, but it may not be the best choice for all around carry.
    Best regards,
    JSP

Bigger pockets or pants that are not as snug will help with the pocket printing issue. I recently picked up a pocket holster that has an additional flap that serves to breakup the silhouette of the pistol
    Last edited by Super J; 10-03-2019 at 12:27 PM.
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    DeSantis makes a pocket holster with a flap that breaks up the outline of your gun. I think it's called a Super Fly.
    I found a video on YouTube

I recently moved from a first gen LCP in a Nemesis to a 42 in a Super Fly. I have to say that it works very well, even in jeans that aren’t particularly loose.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Looser pants and/or an untucked shirt that falls over the top of the grip outline.

I've tried various pocket holsters with the flap over them -- they end up being simply too bulky, and harder to draw from.

Kramer Pocket Holster comes with a square piece on outside to make it look like a wallet. When carrying my 442 n jeans it looks like a wallet. The holster stays in pocket and weapon orientated up. Plus this holster keeps on trucking 25+ years!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSixPack View Post
    It's a world of trade-offs. To me, a 442 with an LG-405 in an RKBA looks less like a gun than anything else I've tried. Even in jeans. it's just an unidentifiable blob. Unfortunately, it's not made anymore but some of the PCS holsters may come close. The pocket speed scabbord is probably the closest. I don't have one so cant say for sure. Downside, compact grips aren't much fun to shoot and practice with, and the LG-405 is no exception.

Other things that I've tried:
    1. G42 in a Recluse - too big and the cover flap forces your finger into the trigger guard while the gun is still in your pocket. No way will I ever use it so mines till looks like new.
    2. G42 in an Aholster - Screams gun in pocket and comes out with the gun too easy. I covered mine in one sided sticky felt to give it some pocket retention. Might be better with a revolver, but I don't get the fascination.
    3. LCP in a Nemesis - very light and comfy, but in the wrong pants, it still looks like a gun. Ok in some cargo's.
    4. 442 or LCR with a Pachmayr Diamond Pro grip in a Safariland 25 -vastly superior grip for a small revolver and the compactness of the Safariland makes it usable, but this combo still requires 6" vertical or semi-vertical pocket openings.
    5. G43 with a MIC and a short knotted paracord pull string - also requires at least 6" pocket openings. Same MIC would also work with a G42. My favorite cargo shorts carry, but not viable with jeans. Works well with Kohl's Sonoma Flexwear shorts, but take a tape with you & measure the openings. Some tether it, but I don't like something other than me pulling on the gun when I'm trying to get it on target. Downside - takes 2 hands, but so does covered AIWB. Also, if you have to use it and drop the MIC (as you probably should), you may still be hot w/o anything to cover the trigger. 2 is 1, so carry a backup MIC.

One last thing, while pocket carry can be comfy, it's almost impossible to avoid inadvertent muzzle sweeps when sitting in public. It can be good for quick trips out or sitting around the house when little one's and others aren't around, but it may not be the best choice for all around carry.
    Best regards,
    JSP
    How does an LCR conceal in a pocket versus a 442
    ?

Thanks

When I pocket carry, it is an LCR in a Nemesis. If I'm worried about it printing, I take an old MagPul iPhone...sans phone...and shove it in my pocket between the holster and the outer layer of fabric.
    It doesn't add any bulk, it doesn't interfere with the draw and it makes it look like I've got an iPhone in my pocket.

User Tag List