Is there a thread on mounting the RMR the right way? I've read posts within a thread talking about it, but I haven't found a thread that went through the mounting of the Trijicon RMR specifically. Like I said, pieces of this puzzle are spread over several posts, but my hopes are this will just be a thread on mounting the dot.

I know that I need to have the right length screws. How does one determine "what are the right length screws"? Zev provides some screws and a sealing plate since the slide mounting posts are slightly larger than what the Trijicon sealing plate will fit . I have three thread lengths. Trijicon provided some with the RM06 type 2, they also provided a different screw with the sealing plate and finally I have the Zev screws that came with the slide and sealing plate. I can just use the Zev screws, but would still like to know how one determines the best length to use. There was something, somewhere about using a shorter screw on the right side since the Extractor Depressor Plunger assembly is on that side. All three of my available screws sets are both the same length???

I have a simple torque screw driver: Fat Max. What is the recommended torque setting? I thought it was 14 to 15 ft pounds, but wanted to confirm.

I'm planning on putting a small amount of blue Loctite 24206 on the screws before torquing. This product isn't anything special, it's just what I have on hand and I'm not sure if I can find some Vibra-TITE 213 VC-3 Threadmate Threadlocker locally. Whatever I use, what's the best way to degrease the tapped threads. The screws are easy but that small hole is tough to get something into.

So - de-greased, thread locker, torqued then let sit overnight before using.

Thanks for your patience with the old guy mounting his first dot.