Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Can you get a NY-1 8lbs trigger on a gen 5 Glock?

Resurrecting this thread for some updated information on the Gen5 NY trigger springs.

Today at the shop where I work, a NYS Courts recruit came in looking for the gray + trigger for his duty G19 G5. The NYS Courts agency is still running the orange NY 2 trigger springs in their older GLOCKs and ARE looking to retrofit their new recruits Gen5 G19s with the NY springs.

So, I’m in need of an update reference of what’s available for Gen5 pistols…
    My most recent parts list shows part #39651 as Trigger Spring - NY 1 (black) Gen5 (Including G19X, G45), so no question there;
    My question is: is there an NY 2 (gray) trigger spring available for the Gen5? My 01-2022 Armorer’s Manual shows a picture of Trigger Spring Gen5 with the Standard, 01, 02 and NY Slim triggers. Is the 02 gray and available, and if so, is there a part number?

Thanks to all and Happy Holidays!
    Last edited by Det1397; 12-15-2023 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Det1397 View Post
    Resurrecting this thread for some updated information on the Gen5 NY trigger springs.

Today at the shop where I work, a NYS Courts recruit came in looking for the gray + trigger for his duty G19 G5. The NYS Courts agency is still running the orange NY 2 trigger springs in their older GLOCKs and ARE looking to retrofit their new recruits Gen5 G19s with the NY springs.

So, I’m in need of an update reference of what’s available for Gen5 pistols…
    My most recent parts list shows part #39651 as Trigger Spring - NY 1 (black) Gen5 (Including G19X, G45), so no question there;
    my question is: is there an NY 2 (gray) trigger spring available for the Gen5?

Thanks to all and Happy Holidays!
    Yes, Trigger Spring, NY 2, Grey, Gen5 (Including G19X, G45) part # 47337
    Happy Holidays!

As previously stated by me, NYS Courts has been running GLOCK 19 pistols (Gen 3/4) with the orange NY2 triggers, apparently mimicking NYPD (which reportedly has done away with the 12 fiasco…).
    The shop I work at ordered a bunch of the gray Gen5 NY2 springs, part number 47337. All well and good, until a boss from their academy contacted us and advised that their armorers also required the pistols be fitted with the 5.5 lb connector, part number 343. I contacted Smyrna and someone in technical support advised that the 343 connector and the gray NY2 would yield the 12 lb trigger. The connectors arrived the other day.

Today I retrofitted eight Blue Label G19 Gen5 MOS pistols with the gray springs and the 343 connectors, removing the original Gen5 standard springs and original DOT connectors. The results were twofold- on three of the eight I could not decock/actuate the trigger. On the other five the trigger pull was extremely heavy. I tried using different combos of the gray springs and 343 connectors on the three guns and nothing worked. Interestingly, we had in the safe a Blue Label G19 Gen4 NY2 (orange spring) sku UG1970202 and although it’s trigger was heavy it felt better than the Gen5s I had retrofitted. Upon closer examination I saw that the Gen4 was running a DOT connector.
    After trying the three non-functioning guns with the gray NY2 trigger and the original DOT connector I got positive trigger decock each time.
    I contacted the boss at the academy and advised him of the situation. He stated that there was no way that their armorers were going to authorize the use of the DOT connectors and that they would look into the situation.

Has anyone else experienced a similar situation? Unfortunately I did not have my orange armorer slide plate to check engagement but I suspect the gray NY2 trigger spring/343 connector combo is resulting in too much trigger bar (cruciform)/ striker lug engagement in some pistols as opposed to others based on tolerances…

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

In Gen3 guns NY2 springs were not supposed to be paired with '+' connectors. Doing that would lead to the same issue you are experiencing.

Due to the differences in internal geometry, Im not surprised that a 343 connector in a NY2 Gen5 results in similar issues.

I had the chance to re-examine, with my GLOCK armorer slide cover plate, the three guns that were experiencing the failure to decock/FTF with the NY2 spring and the 373 (5.5 lb) connector.
    What I could see was that the engagement (between the trigger bar cruciform and the striker lug) was well in excess of the 2/3 minimum. I’d say the engagement was at 100% if not more. With the trigger fulled pressed, engagement was still appreciable.
    And, as I noted, when the DOT connector was fitted, the triggers decocked normally with acceptable engagement.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Det1397 View Post
    I had the chance to re-examine, with my GLOCK armorer slide cover plate, the three guns that were experiencing the failure to decock/FTF with the NY2 spring and the 373 (5.5 lb) connector.
    What I could see was that the engagement (between the trigger bar cruciform and the striker lug) was well in excess of the 2/3 minimum. I’d say the engagement was at 100% if not more. With the trigger fulled pressed, engagement was still appreciable.
    And, as I noted, when the DOT connector was fitted, the triggers decocked normally with acceptable engagement.
    What was the trigger pull like on the Gen 5 with the "Grey trigger"? I am guessing pretty heavy.

Was it any better or worse than previous generations with the NY2 triggers?

I think the NY1 is the sweet spot for Glock triggers.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    What was the trigger pull like on the Gen 5 with the "Grey trigger"? I am guessing pretty heavy.

Was it any better or worse than previous generations with the NY2 triggers?

I think the NY1 is the sweet spot for Glock triggers.
    G45, NY2 spring (47337), dot connector (SP07965). Lyman gauge, average of 9 lbs, 5.9 oz measured towards the middle of the trigger shoe just low enough to depress the safety tab. 8 lbs 9 oz with NY2 (47337), minus connector (SP00721). I actually preferred the heavier combination using the dot connector.

I did not try the unmarked "5.5#" connector because of the report from Det1397. The NY2 does exert more upward force on the trigger bar than the NY1 spring. I also tried a Ghost Angel 3.0 aftermarket connector with the NY2 spring on 2x G45 and 2x G19.5 and was unable to get the striker to drop on one of the G19.5 copies unless I held the trigger down and pull the slide forcefully upwards.

I tend to prefer heavy triggers as I have carried double action pistols for a long time, including the M9 with its 14 lbs trigger pull and the safety on. I am satisfied overall with the trigger characteristics of the NY2/dot combination in my G45 for AIWB carry, although I can understand why it is not well liked. If your goal is IDPA or other games, then you will absolutely hate this.

User Tag List