Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can you get a NY-1 8lbs trigger on a gen 5 Glock?

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post
    So what is the attraction to the NY1? I put one on a Franken glock 19 and didn't care for it. To me it didn't duplicate a revolver DA pull.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    For me, it is because I do not like the very light pretravel in Glocks. Some have suggested that a NY trigger spring will make the pull more like a DA revolver or DA semiauto, but I don't think it really accomplishes that because the distance of travel remains short and there is still a pronounced wall at the end where the trigger bar drops down when contacting the connector to release the striker. It does give me more feedback when the trigger is being pulled though.

Site Supporter
    Thanks for the update.

So the feel is not much different from a Gen 4 with a NY1?

I felt like the trigger on my G45 was almost too smooth and light.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Thanks for the update.

It's pretty similar. My 19.5 feels a little mushier than any of my Gen 4s. Not sure this has anything to do with differences in the 7405 spring vs 39651 spring, since my Gen 5 always felt a bit mushy to me even with the standard trigger return spring.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Thanks for the update.

I have never seen an OEM Glock that had a trigger too light for me but I am old and have disabilities.

I forgot to mention that for people who are interested in carrying a Glock (or Glock-like pistol) with a traditional DA type trigger pull, the SW SD9 actually gets a lot closer to a traditional DA type trigger pull than a Glock with a NY spring.

Just wanted to write an update that I've been using NY1 Gen 5 spring (39651) for a bit and it's been working fine. Same boring Glock reliability. Couldn't give you a round count, not incredibly high as I don't carry a Glock, but since it doesn't really differ much in design from the Gen 1-4 NY1 spring, I doubt it'll fail.

I've also experimented with different connectors in order to find a way to get a Glock to have a nice DA type trigger. I tried the Ghost Angel 3.0 connector with the NY1 spring, and I've been pleasantly surprised by how it feels. As the NY1 trigger spring doesn't pull the trigger bar forward and counteract some of the striker spring force, the pretravel weight is heavier. Also, because the trigger bar starts to engage the trigger bar ledge on the connector sooner, the pretravel feel becomes basically absent. The trigger feels very much like a lightened revolver trigger, averaging 6 lbs 7.2 oz on my Lyman, without any discernible wall. I can't comment yet on the long-term reliability/durability of this connector or combination. I've generally avoided most non-OEM Glock parts. Also, I seriously doubt most people buying 3.0 lbs connectors would even consider owning a NY trigger spring, so this combination is probably not thoroughly tested by anybody. That said, I really like the feel, and I hope it proves to be a safe and reliable combination.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFries View Post
    Just wanted to write an update that I've been using NY1 Gen 5 spring (39651) for a bit and it's been working fine. Same boring Glock reliability. Couldn't give you a round count, not incredibly high as I don't carry a Glock, but since it doesn't really differ much in design from the Gen 1-4 NY1 spring, I doubt it'll fail.

I've also experimented with different connectors in order to find a way to get a Glock to have a nice DA type trigger. I tried the Ghost Angel 3.0 connector with the NY1 spring, and I've been pleasantly surprised by how it feels. As the NY1 trigger spring doesn't pull the trigger bar forward and counteract some of the striker spring force, the pretravel weight is heavier. Also, because the trigger bar starts to engage the trigger bar ledge on the connector sooner, the pretravel feel becomes basically absent. The trigger feels very much like a lightened revolver trigger, averaging 6 lbs 7.2 oz on my Lyman, without any discernible wall. I can't comment yet on the long-term reliability/durability of this connector or combination. I've generally avoided most non-OEM Glock parts. Also, I seriously doubt most people buying 3.0 lbs connectors would even consider owning a NY trigger spring, so this combination is probably not thoroughly tested by anybody. That said, I really like the feel, and I hope it proves to be a safe and reliable combination.

The NY1 trigger does not just increase the trigger pull weight and add some take up/resistance, it also makes the SCD more effective.

What I would like is to have the increased weight and take up with a smooth pull.

Glock makes a Slim NY orange trigger for Glock 42,43,43x, and 48. Has anyone tried it?

There are no 3# Glock connectors. That is just hype to sell connectors.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    There are no 3# Glock connectors. That is just hype to sell connectors.
    Right, it is marketing. I'm just referring to it as a 3# connector because the manufacturer called it a 3.0 connector. Whether it actually yields this weight of trigger pull with otherwise stock components is debatable. Generally, I'm suspicious of most aftermarket Glock parts, and this is no exception. While I like the pull it yields especially with a NY1 spring, I'm half expecting it to be less than ideal when it comes to longevity or reliability. When the reset tab is tripped on this connector and the trigger bar pops up, the amount of trigger bar that overlaps the connector ledge is quite small, which isn't really confidence inspiring. Personally, I'd prefer an OEM minus (SP00721) connector for the reliability, except that it still retains a significant wall.

Right, it is marketing. I'm just referring to it as a 3# connector because the manufacturer called it a 3.0 connector. Whether it actually yields this weight of trigger pull with otherwise stock components is debatable. Generally, I'm suspicious of most aftermarket Glock parts, and this is no exception. While I like the pull it yields especially with a NY1 spring, I'm half expecting it to be less than ideal when it comes to longevity or reliability. When the reset tab is tripped on this connector and the trigger bar pops up, the amount of trigger bar that overlaps the connector ledge is quite small, which isn't really confidence inspiring. Personally, I'd prefer an OEM minus (SP00721) connector for the reliability, except that it still retains a significant wall.
    Not even debatable.

User Tag List