Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can you get a NY-1 8lbs trigger on a gen 5 Glock?

FF thanks for taking the time and effort to very succinctly describe your results with your Gen5 spring and connector swaps. There has been very little such discussion here (which is one of the very few forums i trust for this type of thing). In the Sept 2018 Glock Armorers Curse, the Gen5 NY1 was discussed; apparently Glock provided it at the behest of a Canadian LEO in conjunction with their Gen5 order.

The use of the NY1 on Gen4, and now, thanks to F's excellent report, apparently the Gen5 provides a mushier pull than NY1s with previous generation Glocks.

On Gen 3 Glocks, I found that a NY2 actually provided a more revolver-like pull than a NY1, but required a steeper learning curve and considerable time and muscle-memory building to take advantage of. I tried it for a season on my Gen3 G21, and while I was actually somewhat pleased with it, I fairly quickly removed it at the end of that season, as I found my shooting results quickly trailed downward after 20-30 rounds due my trigger finger tiring with it.

Most of my Glocks now just use the OEM coil trigger return spring.

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    Not even debatable.
    Some of these new aftermarket connectors significantly change trigger geometry, which is not necessarily a good thing, but come pretty close to their nominal weights. Changes include moving the trigger bar ledge forward to allow more angling, and then changing the location or height of the reset tab to accommodate the changes to the ledge. As I understand it, the Ghost Angel 3.0 connector routinely yields pulls ranging from about 3-3.5 lbs when used with typical Glock parts. I think I tested mine at about 3 lbs 3 oz in a G19.5 with stock springs, but didn't write down my average because I don't plan to use it without the NY1 spring. It's feasible that in a Glock with broken in parts, that adding this connector would yield a trigger in the 3 lbs range.

But generally, the nominal weights for connectors are driven by marketing and range from being somewhat optimistic to totally fantastical.

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    FF thanks for taking the time and effort to very succinctly describe your results with your Gen5 spring and connector swaps. There has been very little such discussion here (which is one of the very few forums i trust for this type of thing). In the Sept 2018 Glock Armorers Curse, the Gen5 NY1 was discussed; apparently Glock provided it at the behest of a Canadian LEO in conjunction with their Gen5 order.

The use of the NY1 on Gen4, and now, thanks to F's excellent report, apparently the Gen5 provides a mushier pull than NY1s with previous generation Glocks.

On Gen 3 Glocks, I found that a NY2 actually provided a more revolver-like pull than a NY1, but required a steeper learning curve and considerable time and muscle-memory building to take advantage of. I tried it for a season on my Gen3 G21, and while I was actually somewhat pleased with it, I fairly quickly removed it at the end of that season, as I found my shooting results quickly trailed downward after 20-30 rounds due my trigger finger tiring with it.

Most of my Glocks now just use the OEM coil trigger return spring.

Best, Jon
    Since it's a sample size of 1, I can't definitively say that all Gen 5 with NY1 feel mushier than previous generations with the NY1 spring. With the regular trigger spring, the pretravel felt spongier than my Gen 4 models as well, so it could just be this particular pistol. The trigger bar may be rubbing in some way that I can't see. The important thing is that the Gen 5 NY1 spring works in the same manner as previous generation NY1 springs. Basically just a plastic spring with a coiled compression spring (except very old NY springs had a metal leaf spring supporting the inside) that pushes up on the trigger bar cruciform. It looks like the elbow of the plastic portion of the spring has been changed to have a rounded contour, probably to increase durability. Doubtful that this change affects anything since the NY1 spring wasn't a particularly delicate part.
    Last edited by FreedomFries; 02-24-2020 at 01:53 PM.

Site Supporter
    Can you get a “-“ connector for the Gen 5? I know people combined the NY1 and “-“ connector in other gens.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Can you get a “-“ connector for the Gen 5? I know people combined the NY1 and “-“ connector in other gens.
    Yes,the connectors for a Gen 5 are the same as the earlier models.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    Yes,the connectors for a Gen 5 are the same as the earlier models.

Thanks! I knew the NY triggers were different Gen 1-4 vs Gen 5, but wasn’t sure about the connectors.

The NY1 trigger does not just increase the trigger pull weight and add some take up/resistance, it also makes the SCD more effective.

What I would like is to have the increased weight and take up with a smooth pull.

Glock makes a Slim NY orange trigger for Glock 42,43,43x, and 48. Has anyone tried it?
    I finally got the NY spring for the slim series from MGW because everywhere else was sold out or not listed. It's about 8-8.5 lbs with the OEM minus connector or Ghost Edge connector in my 43. Increases both the pre-travel weight and wall. Pretty similar to an NY1 in a regular size Glock.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFries View Post
    I finally got the NY spring for the slim series from MGW because everywhere else was sold out or not listed. It's about 8-8.5 lbs with the OEM minus connector or Ghost Edge connector in my 43. Increases both the pre-travel weight and wall. Pretty similar to an NY1 in a regular size Glock.
    With the normal connector what do you think the weight would be ?

For Post_27, the "normal" connector for a Glock 43 is a "minus" connector #33564.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by L-2 View Post
    For Post_27, the "normal" connector for a Glock 43 is a "minus" connector #33564.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by L-2 View Post
    With the normal connector what do you think the weight would be ?
    For current production G43, I think 33564 "minus" connector is now standard. My G43 is an early model that came with 33215 connector and has a 8 lbs 2 oz trigger out of the box.

I did some trigger pull measurements with a Lyman.
    Slim NY spring and a "minus" 33564 connector, the trigger pull averaged 8 lbs 13 oz.
    Slim NY spring and Ghost Edge connector, the trigger pull averaged 8 lbs 8 oz.
    Slim NY spring and 33215 connector, 11 lbs 6 oz.

I am not a Glock armorer, so I am not sure which NY spring and connector combinations are approved or recommended by Glock. It is possible that the slim NY spring and 33215 connector can be used to approximate the NY2 trigger on double stack Glocks, but you'd have to confirm with Glock or other official source. As I recall, NY springs and Miami connectors don't play well, so there may very well be combinations that do not work reliably with the slim NY spring either.

User Tag List