Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Grip Assist Sleeve

A very mixed bag. It doesn't seem gimmicky to me; for people with big hands, it seemed like it would just allow you to acquire the desired pressure with your support hand, quicker, since the bump protruded out. Maybe I'll try the duct tape idea above, or something similar, and go from there.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    So the way I understand it the head firearms trainer for HRT (the guy who replaced Warren)designed this product. He has been described to me as a shooting cyborg, some of my friends who have trained with him use this product. Back before this was available they would roll up duct tape and put it under a piece of inner tube to do the same thing So if anyone wants to try it without buying this product that you can do it that way.
    Once also seen it done by placing a spent 5.56 rifle casing under the piece of inner tube.

I've tried it and am impressed; currently running it on my Gen 3 G21. Definitely assists in running, better than nothing at all or with just a mountain bike inner tube segment. Another tip I had from some friends who also like it is to cut down the fin by about 50%, which is easy to do with an X-Acto knife when the grip is warmed up from carry or application of heat (immersing in boiling water)-for me, accumulated body heat from carry was sufficient. Cutting it down reduced the bullk and protrusion, without compromising the performance of the fin.

Best, Jon

I think what a glock really could use is more of a palmswell rather than a fin.

User Tag List