Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grip Assist Sleeve

Grip Assist Sleeve

Anyone here have experience with this? I heard about it via Matt Landfair @ P&S.

[URL="hhttps://warrentactical.com/product/support-hand-grip-assist-sleeve-medium-and-large-frame-pistols/"]

Name:  A215ECCD-C247-40CE-B691-ECA41CE94139.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  27.6 KB

Name:  A07227B5-7715-4CB6-8561-D7B218C9E40C.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  31.9 KB
    Last edited by Sauer Koch; 09-25-2019 at 04:13 PM.

I use my Gun hand finger tips for this purpose, seating support hand base of palm against them.

My gut reaction is NO. I DO however like the Hogue Beavertail Grips and put them on 3 Glocks. I have big hands and the Hogues add some grip girth and distance to the trigger. My concern with this "grip assist" is how it interferes with concealablilty, getting a good purchase on the draw, and how stable it is once installed.

Grip Assist Sleeve

I know zip about guns, but the only time I tried a sleeve the dang thing kept sliding around on me. I literally tossed it in the trash.

Much respect for Matt Landfair, though. Be interested to see his take.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RJ; 09-25-2019 at 05:04 PM.

Scott sent me one to use, and it's still mounted on my HD gun. It doesn't slide around like other grip sleeves that I've used in the past, and even though I haven't shot it much, I've found that it solves one of the problems I have with a lot of current production handguns. Namely that the grip is just too damn small.

I briefly experimented with this product. I think there is something to the concept; there was more real estate for my support hand to lock into. I saw some recoil control benefits when practicing Ben Stoeger's "Doubles" drill. On the other hand, I found there was real potential to foul my draw. The sleeve would sometimes roll up on me as I established my grip. This was largely why I moved away from it.

We may shoot pistols with two hands these days, but the pistol grip really hasn't evolved much since the days when sidearms were considered one handed weapons. I think there is merit in considering whether there are benefits to shaping a grip specifically to accomodate a two handed grip. I wonder how this concept would work better on a pistol with replaceable side panel grips - a panel made of G10 with the added support hand area would be interesting to try and would not have the potential rotational problems introduced with grip sleeves. It also makes me think that there is more potential to explore in pistols like the P30 and VP9 that allow for different sized side panels.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Over at P&S someone referred to them as ‘training wheels’ and not in a bad way, it seemed like a very balanced take from experience. I’ll save my $20 and experiment more with Eric Grauffel’s grip. There have been too many shooters who have excelled with different guns and different hand sizes and different ways to grip - software > hardware.
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

I have one and like it. It gives me something to help keep the gun level when shooting at a faster pace. Not that a 9mm Glock has a ton of muzzle flip anyway but the gun feels locked in place.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by guymontag View Post
    Over at P&S someone referred to them as ‘training wheels’ and not in a bad way, it seemed like a very balanced take from experience. I’ll save my $20 and experiment more with Eric Grauffel’s grip. There have been too many shooters who have excelled with different guns and different hand sizes and different ways to grip - software > hardware.
    Best description of this. I tried this and saw no difference in performance.

I have one. This falls under "I cant remember what I was thinking when I bought it". I did take some off of it, then some more, then again, and when it became pretty much a regular rubber grip, I took it off.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List