Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Sparks fly at assault-weapons ban hearing on Capitol Hill

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Well, at least we will all be able to have lively political, religious, and philosophical discussions should we be fortunate enough to find ourselves in the same gulag.

I look forward to meeting you all!

I'll bring the dreams of Mexican food....comrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    I would LOVE to live in a Catholic Monarchy.
    I feel like there have been several pretty decent sized wars throughout history to prevent those sorts of things. "Preventing theocracies" of any flavor is definitely something I'd get out of bed to shoot people in the face for.

Sparks fly at assault-weapons ban hearing on Capitol Hill

Deleted.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 09-28-2019 at 04:20 AM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Then again, the US isn't a first world European country. We really don't have the same tradition of "shut up and do what you are told by your betters", or even "argue, but obey!
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Americans also feel very strongly that gun ownership is a big part of their personal liberty. That's also not going away quickly or easily.

Americans do not do the Good German thing all that well.
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    So many of the real good Germans ended up in PA and TX...
    More and more Germans understand that "shutting up and do what you are told by your betters" is dumb. In the elections this month in Saxonia and Brandenburg, many voted AfD in order to protest against the government. Saxonia and Brandenburg are two of the sixteen federal states in Germany.

de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landtagswahl_in_Sachsen_2019
    Name:  Sachsen.png
Views: 290
Size:  18.0 KB

de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landtagswahl_in_Brandenburg_2019
    Name:  Brandenburg.png
Views: 298
Size:  16.7 KB

So far so good.

But now the head of the Brandenburg government wants to form a coalition with the Green party in order to keep the power. The Green party ("Grüne") is extremely strong when it comes to telling you what to do and what not to do. They want to take away the guns of the German gun owners more than any other party.
    Last edited by P30; 09-28-2019 at 05:20 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I support the eradication of beets.
    My wife makes a killer tuna casserole with beets as a side dish. I do not support the eradication of beets

This whole thread is seemingly about LEOs and military who won’t comply with a commands to confiscate firearms.
    You must of skipped a page or two.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    I feel like there have been several pretty decent sized wars throughout history to prevent those sorts of things. "Preventing theocracies" of any flavor is definitely something I'd get out of bed to shoot people in the face for.
    I believe you.

I would LOVE to live in a Catholic Monarchy.
    I probably don’t have to point out that we all do live in that particular Kingdom. We also live within borders drawn by men (mostly not very good men), under a system that fosters real plurality. Gloria enim Dei vivens homo, vita autem hominis visio Dei; and we are best served by a society that permits man to freely advance toward that goal. The thumb is unfortunately firmly on the secular scale right now; we are so obsessed with a malformed perception of ‘freedom’ that we have forgotten what freedom is for. I’m sure it will get better.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    ^
    This, and I'm 40 years old and am not now and have never been a soldier, but that shit is worth fighting and possibly dying for, as it always has been.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I probably don’t have to point out that we all do live in that particular Kingdom. We also live within borders drawn by men (mostly not very good men), under a system that fosters real plurality. Gloria enim Dei vivens homo, vita autem hominis visio Dei; and we are best served by a society that permits man to freely advance toward that goal. The thumb is unfortunately firmly on the secular scale right now; we are so obsessed with a malformed perception of ‘freedom’ that we have forgotten what freedom is for. I’m sure it will get better.
    That's an "interesting" perspective. If I'm reading you correctly, you think society would be best served by being controlled by laws set down by the Catholic church? If so, my response has to be something along the lines of "how about we NOT do that," to be followed up by standing beside jetfire should it become necessary. To be clear, I take no issue with the establishment and practice of any religion which does not harm or seek to control others, but as soon as a religion tries to become a government (or a government allows itself to be controlled by a religion), there's a major problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You must of skipped a page or two.
    I may have. I skimmed the part about transexuals, though.

User Tag List