Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 74755565758 LastLast

Thread: House Announces Impeachment Inquiry against the President.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by oakdalecurtis View Post
    Name:  1A01271C-5B21-4B53-A7EF-D5CD64EF6773.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  39.2 KB
    Panem et circenses

Business types are very into developing one’s brand. “President Of The United States” is quite a title, to add to one’s brand. Impeachment tarnishes that brand, and I have expected impeachment, since the “blue wave” hit so many states and localities. Conviction, by a 2/3 vote, in the Senate, is unlikely, so, the Democrats yelled and shrieked into the void. The people of the USA will decide, in November 2020. It really is that simple, and I do not worry about it.

It was refreshing, to see one sensible Democrat, who did not follow the party line.
    Last edited by Rex G; 12-20-2019 at 03:56 AM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    What happens if Congress’ session finishes before the House sends the articles to the Senate? Would the House have to start impeachment proceedings from the beginning once the next session begins? Also does the Senate really need copies of the articles delivered to start the trial? Can’t the just hold the trial anyway? Everyone knows that the two charges are.
    I have not a clue, just spit ballin' as an Independent Voter. But Is Trump "officially" Impeached if the Articles of Impeachment never get conveyed to the Senate? I mean I heard House Majority Whip Rep. Clyburne indicate last night verbally that if he had his way, the Articles would not get brought over? So I dunno.

Anyway, the strategy / talking points for this weekend appear to be as follows:

- We know the Senate will conduct a sham trial (remember, McConnell is the same guy who blocked our Merrick Garland from the SCOTUS in 2016!)

- A rubber-stamp rush-to-acquit by the Senate, despite the mountain of evidence Orange Man is OBVIOUSLY GUILTY, just shows how biased they are! (for an additional 5 points: shocked expression/shake head incredulously)

- The American People Demand moar Witnesses! Witnesses I say!

- All we have to do is hold the line against these rascals in the Senate!

You could probably construct a Bingo Card based on the above, and fill it out based on the news clips of the various Democratic Political figures on the talk show circuits this weekend. I'd guess you have a winning card Saturday; Saturday morning if you tuned in to MSNBC.
    Last edited by RJ; 12-20-2019 at 06:04 AM.

Its bullshit they arent sending articles.

I mean they obviously want to try to bring this up during the election.

Someome wake me up when this shit is over. Im not a orange man fan on a bunch of stuff he does but this is getting a little rediculous.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    It would probably be petty to schedule the trial to purposely conflict with the primaries considering how many Dem senators are still candidates. Subpoenaing and putting Biden under oath would probably also be a little mean.
    Now thats Capital Thinking!

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    What happens if Congress’ session finishes before the House sends the articles to the Senate? Would the House have to start impeachment proceedings from the beginning once the next session begins? Also does the Senate really need copies of the articles delivered to start the trial? Can’t the just hold the trial anyway? Everyone knows that the two charges are.
    No need to go through it all. Precedent has been established that impeachment proceedings and/or adoption of articles will be maintained between sessions of Congress.

Formally, the House has rules that say that if Congress adjourns during presentation of articles of impeachment to the Senate - the managers selected to present that case are “retired” and must be re-selected and/or replaced at the start of the new session.

That last point is the only legitimate reason why Pelosi could delay presenting the articles to the Senate before the beginning of a new session.

House Announces Impeachment Inquiry against the President.

Interesting read; these from 1868 appear to be the current ‘rules’ the Senate has on file for the Impeachment process?

https://www.senate.gov/artandhistory...hmentRules.pdf

Anyone know if this is correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RJ; 12-20-2019 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Panem et circenses
    Yeah but without the bread.

It's the Adkins diet version.

cc
    Last edited by ccmdfd; 12-20-2019 at 10:46 AM.

Site Supporter
    It's gluten: https://oklahoman.com/article/564984...ys?anf=DEFAULT

I have a good friend who has gluten problems. He is a stalwart conservative. I told him to vote for Bernie and open the box of donuts! He has to pay extra for a gluten free bun when we go for unhealthy giant burgers.

Now back to the crap show of the party line.

User Tag List