Page 45 of 58 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: House Announces Impeachment Inquiry against the President.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    Nyet....

As far as congress goes yes. But then it has to go to the Senate. Last I heard it wasn't against the law to be disliked by a bunch of mentally deranged lunatics in congress. The Senate has to hold a trial. Lawyers will be involved and lots of shit like that.
    The Senate can also convict on any charge the House puts forward.

I missed the hearings by Judiciary today. Cliffs?

Looks like things are not trending the way the D’s are spinning it, at least per the polls lately.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post

Looks like things are not trending the way the D’s are spinning it, at least per the polls lately.

IMO, political polls are one step removed from Tarot cards in terms of credibility.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    IMO, political polls are one step removed from Tarot cards in terms of credibility.
    And that would be the step below. I know a pro Tarot reader (she retired from working the original CSI/Vegas TV franchise, and now does Tarot, because she can...) she is traditionally more accurate—and insightful—than the polls. FWIW.

"Hey let’s call 500 old people with landlines, in BFE, and apply the answers to a vast and diverse nation of 330mil. Yeah, that’ll do..."

This:

vs

This:

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

The real story will be how the 23 GOP senators who are up for reelection will vote when the senate decides to consider Trumps fate.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post

This gives a pretty good overview.

Name:  pants.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  29.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    And that would be the step below. I know a pro Tarot reader (she retired from working the original CSI/Vegas TV franchise, and now does Tarot, because she can...) she is traditionally more accurate—and insightful—than the polls. FWIW.

"Hey let’s call 500 old people with landlines, in BFE, and apply the answers to a vast and diverse nation of 330mil. Yeah, that’ll do..."

This:

vs

This:

Never a pro myself, but I preferred the Crowley Thoth deck when I did "readings."

Name:  lusta.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  55.9 KB

I stopped doing it when I got scared by how easy it is to convince someone you have psychic powers. IME, if someone sits down for a reading, you can do whatever the hell you want with them.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

That prediction shit gives me the willies. Tarot too, for that matter.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    The real story will be how the 23 GOP senators who are up for reelection will vote when the senate decides to consider Trumps fate.
    They will vote to acquit. There is no positive outcome for a GOP senator to vote for impeachment. If they vote for it, they will lose far more republican votes than they will gain from democrats because no left leaning democrat would EVER vote for the GOP. If they vote against it, they lose virtually no republicans (that elected them the last time) and gain quite a few middle of the road democrats (the same people that pushed Trump over the edge in many states in 2016).

User Tag List