Page 47 of 58 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: House Announces Impeachment Inquiry against the President.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    That would be a loser for them when the Democrats have is no hard evidence, only people's feelings.

How do Democrats get past the fact that the Ukraine's president denies their allegations?

How does anyone support that you can't investigate someone because he belongs to an opposing political party? Political gain? Isn't that exactly what the Democrats are doing by using impeachment for political gain?

Trump asked the Ukraine to investigate wrongdoing, not "dig up dirt" (the propaganda word-play twist) on the Bidens".
    It is for all these points that I called this procedure "piss-poor political 'kabuki theater'"....while it is a certainty that the Dems will push the impeachment through, it all dies in the Senate anyway—even if there is a trial—because the Dems have nowhere near the 2/3rds of the chamber—even with a few Republican 'defections'—needed to produce an actual criminal conviction. What a colossal waste of time, money, and resources.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    That would be a loser for them when the Democrats have is no hard evidence, only people's feelings.

How do Democrats get past the fact that the Ukraine's president denies their allegations?

How does anyone support that you can't investigate someone because he belongs to an opposing political party? Political gain? Isn't that exactly what the Democrats are doing by using impeachment for political gain?

Trump asked the Ukraine to investigate wrongdoing, not "dig up dirt" (the propaganda word-play twist) on the Bidens".
    Regardless, it looks like Trump will be impeached just like Clinton was. As it stands it's nothing more than a political chess move by democrats. I think we should have all expected that, after all, the republicans did the same thing to Clinton. If you give either political party an opportunity they'll take full advantage of it. What Trump did wasn't smart. If he had ran that by any WH attorney they would have nixed it, but unfortunately Trump doesn't use his staff well.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

They seem to be in a big hurry to get this done ahead of the Horowitz and Durham reports.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    They seem to be in a big hurry to get this done ahead of the Horowitz and Durham reports.
    Beat me to it. This is my thought exactly. They need a curtain and impeachment will certainly suffice for that.

Another defection

"Democrat Rep. Jeff Van Drew has announced that “unless there’s something I haven’t seen,” he’ll be a no on impeaching President Trump. This comes just a day after Nancy Pelosi announced the drafting of articles of impeachment within the House." Nice to see there are some common sense ethical Representatives on the other side of the aisle -even in NJ.

https://www.redstate.com/bonchie/201...ostPromoterPro
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    "Democrat Rep. Jeff Van Drew has announced that “unless there’s something I haven’t seen,” he’ll be a no on impeaching President Trump. This comes just a day after Nancy Pelosi announced the drafting of articles of impeachment within the House." Nice to see there are some common sense ethical Representatives on the other side of the aisle -even in NJ.

https://www.redstate.com/bonchie/201...ostPromoterPro
    He'll be Jeff Van Drawn'n'Quartered when the Dems are done with him.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    He'll be Jeff Van Drawn'n'Quartered when the Dems are done with him.
    We need more people "out of lock-step" and focused on representing the people of their district. I predict we'll see more. He was acting totally within his realm of authority and in cooperation with the Attorney General as per the

TREATY BETWEEN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND
    UKRAINE ON MUTUAL LEGAL ASSISTANCE IN CRIMINAL MATTERS

as signed by William Jefferson Clinton

Name:  Bill-Clinton-Dress-Painting-Canvas-Quilt-Blanket-All-Over-Print-SOH-510x510.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  36.3 KB
    Last edited by FNFAN; 12-07-2019 at 02:27 PM.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    We need more people "out of lock-step" and focused on representing the people of their district. I predict we'll see more.
    That would be refreshing. (I won't hold my breath just in case.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    Want that. Ban campaign funds to the candidates or pacts or whatever, that come from outside the district. That will never happen. The system is such that large funded outsiders can run the campaigns in most cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Want that. Ban campaign funds to the candidates or pacts or whatever, that come from outside the district. That will never happen. The system is such that large funded outsiders can run the campaigns in most cases.
    The first step is term limits. If a majority of the citizens raised a continuing ruckus demanding congressional term limits they would be implemented. The second is an actual budget, not a "continuing resolution." The budget, with line-items, forces the House to work and collaborate, not just stand on each side of the aisle and fling feces.

User Tag List