Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: House Announces Impeachment Inquiry against the President.

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    Seems that the Dems are hell-bent-for-leather on this consequences be damned. Gotta love ''follow through'' like that!
    It's kind of John Wayne-ish.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    RJ, put down the coffee. I think your conclusions may be a bit overwrought.

Personally, I think for the most part the sides have been drawn. It's the hearts and minds, (or the pragmatism), of the independents that's up for grabs.
    My vote could be purchased for a small sum. I'm on the fence.
    Last edited by Borderland; 12-12-2019 at 02:37 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

replied in error...
    Last edited by blues; 12-12-2019 at 03:15 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    It's kind of John Wayne-ish.
    I was thinking more along these lines— https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC1RQy0bu04

...yeah, the John Wayne reference works, too.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    My vote could be purchased for a small sum. I'm on the fence.
    Any quid pro quo?

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Well that seems to have changed a bit over the last week.

Attachment 45780
    A week later. Trend seems to be continuing.

Polls on this topic don't really matter given we all can see what's going to happen in the Senate but RCP's method of just averaging polls likely isn't super good if you're trying to actually figure out what people are saying. Here's 538 on the matter, who are much more sophisticated in their analysis:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/impeachment-polls/

Scroll down to see the source polls which break down Rs, Ds, and Independents. My read is all of these data points are about the same; ie support is not significantly changing. If you look at the data you might also notice that the polls are no so frequent or granular that it's meaningful for look day-to-day.

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    Seems that the Dems are hell-bent-for-leather on this consequences be damned. Gotta love ''follow through'' like that!
    The trouble with that is, there’s going to be a price paid for all of this, and it’s going to be steep.. The Dems are writing checks with their mouths that their asses can’t cash..And I’m fine with it.. if this is what it takes for the Communist Democrat party to implode, then, I’m all for it. Once this gets to the senate, and a trial begins, people the Dems don’t want called to the stand will be, and they will be asked some very uncomfortable questions, the answers to which Trumps people will likely already have the answers to. This will be very entertaining, the cameras will be recording every utterance, and lie that comes from their mouths..The Dems painted themselves into a pretty small corner here...Dumbasses!

Love how they have to have a debate to come up with the rules for the next debate on impeachment. Talk about time wasting!

In the meantime both McConnell and Graham have said they will have a quick trial in the Senate without any witnesses.
    This of course has led to a rash of feigned horror on the other side. Major indignation, how dare they shirk their constitutional responsibility!!!!!!

Of course we all knew going into this that the Senate isn't going to convict.

cc

My partial theory, all this accusation from the left is simply a chess move for when the evidence points in their direction on all the very things they accuse the right of, hoping the public is already oversaturated on the topic and they will just claim retribution from the right.

User Tag List