Page 48 of 58 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: House Announces Impeachment Inquiry against the President.

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    "Democrat Rep. Jeff Van Drew has announced that “unless there’s something I haven’t seen,” he’ll be a no on impeaching President Trump. This comes just a day after Nancy Pelosi announced the drafting of articles of impeachment within the House." Nice to see there are some common sense ethical Representatives on the other side of the aisle -even in NJ.

https://www.redstate.com/bonchie/201...ostPromoterPro
    Well now.

I wonder what District he is in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    There are no ethical politicians. Don't be naive. They see what will get them tossed and behavior accordingly. I must shake my head at those who think ethics matter. If a politician quits, he or she may be ethical. If they stay in, they are corrupt.

Here's an example. Lindsey Graham - said: Trump is a "race-baiting, xenophobic bigot."

Now, he is a total true believer. That's because he found out 70% of his state loves Trump. One can find others like this in every party. Certainly was true during the Clinton impeachment if you google that.

George Wallace once said that he wanted to talk about economic development in his state as his primary focus. He got whipped by a guy who played the segregation card and used the N word effusively. Wallace then said he wouldn't be out N worded and went off in that direction. Kristin Gillibrand was progun until she wasn't, when she hit the national Democratic stage.

Time for folks to grow up. Maybe you think Santa Claus is ethical.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    There are no ethical politicians. Don't be naive. They see what will get them tossed and behavior accordingly. I must shake my head at those who think ethics matter. If a politician quits, he or she may be ethical. If they stay in, they are corrupt.

Here's an example. Lindsey Graham - said: Trump is a "race-baiting, xenophobic bigot."

Now, he is a total true believer. That's because he found out 70% of his state loves Trump. One can find others like this in every party. Certainly was true during the Clinton impeachment if you google that.

George Wallace once said that he wanted to talk about economic development in his state as his primary focus. He got whipped by a guy who played the segregation card and used the N word effusively. Wallace then said he wouldn't be out N worded and went off in that direction. Kristin Gillibrand was progun until she wasn't, when she hit the national Democratic stage.

Time for folks to grow up. Maybe you think Santa Claus is ethical.
    That's actually incorrect. There are people who are drawn to politics as an opportunity to be of service to their constituents. I've known three. One national level and two state level. None of them stayed past two terms. The one I knew the best was a dyed-in-the-wool Democrat and a minister in his church. One of the brightest guys I've known and a great investigator.

At some point you'll find that each person is different and using generalities in classifying people is horseshit.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

The first step is term limits. If a majority of the citizens raised a continuing ruckus demanding congressional term limits they would be implemented. The second is an actual budget, not a "continuing resolution." The budget, with line-items, forces the House to work and collaborate, not just stand on each side of the aisle and fling feces.
    Term limits are pie-in-the-sky. Goes against all rational thinking for any representative or president. Would you vote to terminate your own very lucrative job. I wouldn't.

I just vote the incumbent out. Trumps done as far as I'm concerned. So was Obama in 2012. For no good reason other than the allotted time is up. It also makes me feel like I'm doing my part of the damage control. Learned that in the Navy. That was my specialty.
    Last edited by Borderland; 12-08-2019 at 01:18 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

The first step is term limits. If a majority of the citizens raised a continuing ruckus demanding congressional term limits they would be implemented. The second is an actual budget, not a "continuing resolution." The budget, with line-items, forces the House to work and collaborate, not just stand on each side of the aisle and fling feces.
    Since the budget determines what the government buys ( and thus who gets re-elected), it’ll always be a political weapon. If you attach punishments to the budget process , it’ll just weaponize it worse.

On this I’m of the mind our current process is as good as we can realistically build, odious as it is.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Since the budget determines what the government buys ( and thus who gets re-elected), it’ll always be a political weapon. If you attach punishments to the budget process , it’ll just weaponize it worse.

On this I’m of the mind our current process is as good as we can realistically build, odious as it is.
    Well hell, that makes Warren's $100,000,000,000,000.00 health-care plan make a lot of sense! Lets invest in our childrens educations. Free college! Home ownership? It's the American dream! Pay off all mortgages! Blank checks across the board!

Name:  you get.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  44.8 KB
    Last edited by FNFAN; 12-08-2019 at 04:20 PM.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

I don't follow this news organization, and I'm not sure about their reliability (and having invited or been invited by Giuliani for this interview) but this remains interesting:

" La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

That's actually incorrect. There are people who are drawn to politics as an opportunity to be of service to their constituents. I've known three. One national level and two state level. None of them stayed past two terms. The one I knew the best was a dyed-in-the-wool Democrat and a minister in his church. One of the brightest guys I've known and a great investigator.

At some point you'll find that each person is different and using generalities in classifying people is horseshit.
    There are a few good ones but the majority have found out that they can yugely increase their personal wealth by riding that horse until it drops. I don't like generalizations either but when it applies to the majority of politicians it may be hard to avoid. They call congress the millionaires club for a reason.

One exception is probably Trump. I think he's lost almost a billion dollars since becoming president which leaves me to believe he isn't in politics for the money. He's lost so much money that he has to move to Florida. There's no state income tax there and business climate is somewhat better.
    Last edited by Borderland; 12-08-2019 at 08:23 PM.

Well hell, that makes Warren's $100,000,000,000,000.00 health-care plan make a lot of sense! Lets invest in our childrens educations. Free college! Home ownership? It's the American dream! Pay off all mortgages! Blank checks across the board!

Name:  you get.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  44.8 KB
    Warren is bat shit crazy like Sanders. Sanders' hole card was unions. Warren is playing to young professionals that ponied up 100K to get educated without doing the math. Student loans is the next big bubble we're going to deal with. Might be bigger than the 2008 real estate market bubble.

Free college is a lot free health care. If everyone in the US wants to pay 30% income tax it should work.

For me I'm riding the giant wave that is SSI and Medicare. Cowabunga dudes!

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    I don't follow this news organization, and I'm not sure about their reliability (and having invited or been invited by Giuliani for this interview) but this remains interesting:

Good video! In discussing Franklin Templeton Investments and the 7 BILLION dollar possible money laundering, it provides another thread into the web going back to the previous administration:

https://en.interfax.com.ua/news/pres...ce/625831.html

"With reference to the investigation, he emphasized: it was money criminally obtained by the "family" of Yanukovych and invested in the purchase of Ukrainian debt in 2013-2014.

For his part, MP Oleksandr Dubinsky from the Servant of the People faction said that according to investigators, "the Yanukovych 'family' illegally obtained $7.4 billion and laundered the funds through an investment fund close to some representatives of the U.S. Democratic Party in the form of external government loan bonds."

Meanwhile, Derkach said that several facts indicate Franklin Templeton Investments' relationship with the U.S. Democratic Party.

"The son of Templeton's founder, John Templeton Jr., was one of President Obama's major campaign donors. Another fund-related character is Thomas Donilon. Managing Director of BlackRock Investment Institute, shareholder Franklin Templeton Investments, which has the largest share in the fund. It is noteworthy that he previously was Obama's national security advisor," Derkach said."

Hopefully, someone is pulling on the threads of the web!

User Tag List