Page 46 of 58 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: House Announces Impeachment Inquiry against the President.

If you haven't seen enough of Trump's insanity at this point to convince you he needs to go, I don't know what it could possibly take to finally get you there. Maybe when he refuses to leave office voluntarily?

At least the Republicans back in the Watergate days had the integrity to tell Nixon he had to go when it was proven, just as it's been this time, the POTUS WAS/IS a crook. There doesn't seem to be much integrity left there anymore. Not that the other side is golden, but the Repubs seem to just roll in the crap like one of my dogs loved to do, and then deny doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemiram View Post
    If you haven't seen enough of Trump's insanity at this point to convince you he needs to go, I don't know what it could possibly take to finally get you there. Maybe when he refuses to leave office voluntarily?
    The same baseless "fears" were expressed about the prior administration; everyone needs to settle down a bit.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    They will vote to acquit. There is no positive outcome for a GOP senator to vote for impeachment. If they vote for it, they will lose far more republican votes than they will gain from democrats because no left leaning democrat would EVER vote for the GOP. If they vote against it, they lose virtually no republicans (that elected them the last time) and gain quite a few middle of the road democrats (the same people that pushed Trump over the edge in many states in 2016).
    I don't think many will defect, but there will be a few. Some of those up for reelection live in states that Clinton won, which basically means they live in blue or purple states and vulnerable to a dem challenger. If I were a GOP 2020 candidate in one of those states I wouldn't defect because they are likely to lose their seat in the senate anyway. Probably depends on where they live. FL, AZ and NC is going to be tough in 2020.
    Last edited by Borderland; 12-05-2019 at 09:38 AM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    The same baseless "fears" were expressed about the prior administration; everyone needs to settle down a bit.
    Actually, I think it was worse. Probably why Clinton lost the election in a backlash. Might just happen again. People do get worked up but I don't get it. Nothing much ever changes at my house.

Years ago I made the comment that Nixon should be impeached to a guy I worked with. He wanted to fight me right there on the spot. I thought he was going to have a heart attack.
    Last edited by Borderland; 12-05-2019 at 09:53 AM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Well, Pelosi asked the House to file Articles of Impeachment this morning. What a shit show.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Well, Pelosi asked the House to file Articles of Impeachment this morning. What a shit show.
    It is, I watched about 45 minutes of this crap CNBC because that's what popped up on the streaming service when I flipped the TV on last night. I couldn't stomach any more of it after 45 minutes this whole thing is a fucking embarrassment to our country. I just couldn't get past all the hurt feelings and opinions. Have there been any actual facts brought forth showing an actual crime yet?

At least the Republicans back in the Watergate days had the integrity to tell Nixon he had to go when it was proven, just as it's been this time, the POTUS WAS/IS a crook. There doesn't seem to be much integrity left there anymore. Not that the other side is golden, but the Repubs seem to just roll in the crap like one of my dogs loved to do, and then deny doing it.
    Correction- they are ALL crooks.
    The 2016 election in total cost $6 Billion. That’s with a B, and only $2Bn was from the Presidential races. The remainder of the costs were incurred by Legislative campaigns.

That kind of money doesn’t grow on trees. Or come without conditions. Trumps a crook, but so is Pelosi and both branches of the legislature. There may be an honest man or woman on the House and Senate floor, but they assuredly are in a minority. Pelosi herself has indulged in some “insider trading” with her husbands business deals coinciding with certain bills .

The Democrats have no credibility to indict anyone- and the Republicans have no credibility to defend Trump either. These are facts well known to the American public. DC will be DC, and the rest of the country will go about the course of doing actual work.
    Last edited by GardoneVT; 12-05-2019 at 10:46 AM.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    It is, I watched about 45 minutes of this crap CNBC because that's what popped up on the streaming service when I flipped the TV on last night. I couldn't stomach any more of it after 45 minutes this whole thing is a fucking embarrassment to our country. I just couldn't get past all the hurt feelings and opinions. Have there been any actual facts brought forth showing an actual crime yet?
    Nope, but that isn't really what any of this about.

It's all piss-poor political 'kabuki theater" where each side talks past one another in the (remote, dare I say senseless) hope of somehow swaying the electorate to their side.

Nobody's buying the respective opposing point of view so, as usual nothing will get done in D.C. this week either. How's that for homeostasis?
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I don't think many will defect, but there will be a few...
    That would be a loser for them when the Democrats have is no hard evidence, only people's feelings.

How do Democrats get past the fact that the Ukraine's president denies their allegations?

How does anyone support that you can't investigate someone because he belongs to an opposing political party? Political gain? Isn't that exactly what the Democrats are doing by using impeachment for political gain?

Trump asked the Ukraine to investigate wrongdoing, not "dig up dirt" (the propaganda word-play twist) on the Bidens".
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Site Supporter
    If you haven't seen enough of Trump's insanity at this point to convince you he needs to go, I don't know what it could possibly take to finally get you there...
    Is there somewhere this is documented? The propaganda news outlets are so biased that anything they say can't be trusted.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

User Tag List