Page 28 of 58 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: House Announces Impeachment Inquiry against the President.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post
    It turns out the form used was the old form from 2018, in case facts matter. The Federalist still has not corrected or commented on the fact that the ICIG Released a Statement about this:

PDF Warning

Considering that both Giuliani and the President have already spoken publicly about their actions at length, and the President released the transcript I'm frankly baffled by the obsession with conspiracy theories like this and the talking point that the whistleblower might somehow be biased or unfair.

If the whistleblower is George Soros with a false mustache it doesn't matter at this point; they've admitted the major facts already, because neither has any impulse control whatsoever.
    I don't know, the confusion seems understandable to me. What a shit show...
    In the process of reviewing and clarifying those
    forms, and in response to recent press inquiries regarding the instant whistleblower complaint, the
    ICIG understood that certain language in those forms and, more specifically, the informational
    materials accompanying the forms, could be read – incorrectly – as suggesting that whistleblowers
    must possess first-hand information in order to file an urgent concern complaint with the
    congressional intelligence committees.

The ICIG’s Center for Protected Disclosures has developed three new forms
    entitled, “Report of Fraud, Waste, and Abuse UNCLASSIFIED Intake Form”; “Disclosure of
    Urgent Concern Form-UNCLASSIFIED”; and “External Review Panel (ERP) Request Form –
    UNCLASSIFIED.” These three new forms are now available on the ICIG’s open website and are
    in the process of being added to the ICIG’s classified system. The ICIG will continue to update
    and clarify its forms and its websites to ensure its guidance
    to whistleblowers is clear and strictly
    complies with statutory requirements. Consistent with the law, the new forms do not require
    whistleblowers to possess first-hand information in order to file a complaint or information with
    respect to an urgent concern.
    Last edited by Spartan1980; 10-01-2019 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    @RJ https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...cy_pelosi.html

one possible motive for pushing impeachment now.
    Thanks. That (heaving the whole steaming turd of Impeachment over the Senate, asafp) makes a lot of sense for Speaker Pelosi.

Interesting; (not sure if this was posted above (apologies if so)) "Sensible Gun Laws" may be off the table:

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...ocrats-1509746

"...The move sealed what many of Murphy’s colleagues had long suspected: That gun negotiations have fallen apart and may be impossible to resurrect now that the vast majority of House Democrats and a growing minority of Democratic senators are now calling for the president’s impeachment. The prospect of cutting a deal with the president that was at odds with the NRA was always a long-shot, but now it seems downright implausible for Trump to negotiate on guns with Democrats seeking to oust him from office. "

Site Supporter
    That's why I thought Wayne should have stayed out of the White House and let this dynamic work. The atmospherics of the meeting were bad. YMMV, but the NRA didn't need to tie itself to Trump right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    That's why I thought Wayne should have stayed out of the White House and let this dynamic work. The atmospherics of the meeting were bad. YMMV, but the NRA didn't need to tie itself to Trump right now.
    As with most things around WLP, it seems the Trump alliance was for his benefit and not the member base. Having the White House in your corner isn’t a bad plan when you’re cooking the corporate books.
    Last edited by GardoneVT; 10-01-2019 at 07:27 PM.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    @RJ https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...cy_pelosi.html

one possible motive for pushing impeachment now.
    I suspect that the real purpose of this faux impeachment inquiry is to blunt the effects of the forthcoming DOJ IG report as well as the fruit of Durham’s DOJ investigation into the origins of Crossfire-Hurricane. I call it a faux impeachment inquiry since the House Dems have yet to vote on an inquiry and none of the issued requests for testimony carry the weight of a subpoena.
    Last edited by Sensei; 10-01-2019 at 08:34 PM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    I suspect that the real purpose of this faux impeachment inquiry is to blunt the effects of the forthcoming DOJ IG report as well as the fruit of Durham’s DOJ investigation into the origins of Crossfire-Hurricane. I call it a faux impeachment inquiry since the House Dems have yet to vote on an inquiry and none of the issued requests for testimony carry the weight of a subpoena.
    Well the talking heads are certainly referring to "subpoenas" of Giuliani and Pompeo...I know, I know, it fits their narrative

"Dog and Pony Show" has been superseded by the "Ass and Elephant Show". Either way it's neither entertaining nor productive.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    Well the talking heads are certainly referring to "subpoenas" of Giuliani and Pompeo...I know, I know, it fits their narrative
    Just exactly what does congress think it's doing. They can't get Giuliani and Pompeo to testify.

What is congress going to do if they refuse?
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    "Dog and Pony Show" has been superseded by the "Ass and Elephant Show". Either way it's neither entertaining nor productive.
    You said it, brother. This is just more kabuki theatre (from both sides) and it isn't even good kabuki theatre at that. All of this is meant to "fire up" each side's respective base prior to the election and, as a result, I've grown tired enough of this latest attempt to invalidate the 2016 election to turn off the news until the morning of November 4th. I've already decided what I'll do and there's more to life than wasting time watching the idiots in D.C. recreate their own political version of "The Three Stooges".
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

User Tag List