Page 23 of 58 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: House Announces Impeachment Inquiry against the President.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Can you guys just leave my pension alone until my untimely demise?

I hate to ask, but I never asked for anything before...

You're not asking for much.

Of course you realize that the social revolution is at hand and you need to suffer right along with the rest of us.

Not a comrade.

In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    While appearing at a Congressional inquiry? While making opening remarks in an inquiry that, if people were really dull enough, could remove a duly elected President? Does it give you any heartburn that they revised the Whistle-blower referral form September 24, 2019, at 4:25 p.m. tailoring it to allow hearsay. Before that, "the previous form stated under the bolded heading “FIRST-HAND INFORMATION REQUIRED.” “This includes information received from another person, such as when an employee informs you that he/she witnessed some type of wrongdoing.” Link

Perhaps it doesn't appear to you that this a clumsily orchestrated attempt to keep the negative publicity focused on President Trump. I get that people think Trump is a bombastic tool, but after 13 movie appearances as "himself", 18 tv appearances as "himself" and 15 seasons of 'The Apprentice', did we not know this?

My disappointment in him is more recent, with the Trump version of "quantitative easing." Not that he's had a lot of time to run the country between the attempted coup and this new display of Democratic despondence.
    If they make a case against him, I don't have any heart burn. Just about as much heartburn as people had when Jared and Ivanka were invited into the WH and given security clearances to do stuff they were clearly unqualified for. Not sure why we get to excuse some behavior and throw our hands up like the sky is falling for other behavior. The whole government is a shit show right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I don't think I have a good handle on that yet. You may but I don't.

The "last guy" wasn't on the 2016 ballot. I didn't vote for him anyway. I voted for Romney in 2012.

I know what I see. None of it is good. Congress is really the problem but Trump has become an enabler.

GOP is trying to block anyone from challenging Trump in the party. We'll see how that works out for them.
    Actually my observation is that the GOP hasn't really supported him much at all...meaning the establishment types.

It seems like some folks are ever hoping in the perfect candidate

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Because they had a great record of dealing with the matter previously, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    So who, out of the current candidates would that be? Who, on either side, has done it in the past?
    The Republican Congress under Speaker Gingrich actually did a pretty good job dragging Clinton across the line to a surplus. Granted, some of that surplus was from taxes collected on the .com bubble. Bush 43 was on the way to a surplus until 9/11 and subsequent ME misadventures.

If you look at GOP candidates’ platforms in 2016 you will see that at least 7 (Cruz, Walker, Rubio, Perry, Paul, Santorum, and Fiorina) proposed some form of specific spending cuts - most favored the Mack Penny Plan or something very similar albeit more targeted. 2 of the candidates, Walker and Perry, had a governing record of balanced budgets. All of the other GOP candidates except one voiced some concern about spending but not to the extent of those seven.

Only one person from the GOP has consistently argued that cuts are not needed; America can grow its way out of this deficit. You have one guess who that economic genius is...
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    If they make a case against him, I don't have any heart burn. Just about as much heartburn as people had when Jared and Ivanka were invited into the WH and given security clearances to do stuff they were clearly unqualified for. Not sure why we get to excuse some behavior and throw our hands up like the sky is falling for other behavior. The whole government is a shit show right now.
    The funny thing is there would be massive outrage and gnashing of teeth if someone changed the NFL rules to tailor the game to a specific teams needs. Change the rules to allow hearsay complaints in furtherance of the Libs efforts and it's crickets.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

All I have to do is remember the choices I had back in 2016. Any of you really think you'd be better off with Hillary Clinton in charge? If so, I'd like to know how?

After 8 years of Mr. Obama, and with her standing in the wings, it was easy to cast my vote. Further, I'd really like to know what President Trump has done for or against you as an individual?
    2016 is irrelvant. It is 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    2016 is irrelvant. It is 2019.
    No it is not...how do you think President Trump got here.

No it is not...how do you think President Trump got here.
    It's not about why he is there. It's about what he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    The Republican Congress under Speaker Gingrich actually did a pretty good job dragging Clinton across the line to a surplus. Granted, some of that surplus was from taxes collected on the .com bubble. Bush 43 was on the way to a surplus until 9/11 and subsequent ME misadventures.

If you look at GOP candidates’ platforms in 2016 you will see that at least 7 (Cruz, Walker, Rubio, Perry, Paul, Santorum, and Fiorina) proposed some form of specific spending cuts - most favored the Mack Penny Plan or something very similar albeit more targeted. 2 of the candidates, Walker and Perry, had a governing record of balanced budgets. All of the other GOP candidates except one voiced some concern about spending but not to the extent of those seven.

Only one person from the GOP has consistently argued that cuts are not needed; America can grow its way out of this deficit. You have one guess who that economic genius is...
    Hint.

It wasn't anyone on the GOP ticket that didn't get elected.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    The funny thing is there would be massive outrage and gnashing of teeth if someone changed the NFL rules to tailor the game to a specific teams needs. Change the rules to allow hearsay complaints in furtherance of the Libs efforts and it's crickets.
    I have no knowledge of the rules change, if you have an article from multiple sources I'd be interested in reading it.

I am more interested in whether he broke the law or not and tried to cover it up.

User Tag List