Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I scored a helluva deal on an 870P

Added a Magpul stock and a CREE bulb. +2 extension will be the next purchase.

Name:  A6D8DE53-3118-4580-A1DD-F3462AC43831.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  39.7 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    As soon as the MP stock comes in that’s exactly what I plan to do.

I replaced the old school bulb with a $13 CREE bulb. Total investment now of $223 w the bulb and MP stock.
    You have a link to the cree bulb?

I love my rifle sighted 870p!

I wanted wood furniture so many moons ago a local dealer that I was friendly with let me come in and pick thought their selection of department trade ins to find one gun with the stock and receiver I liked best and one with the barrel I liked best and we swapped them around so I could get the gun I wanted. I added a +1 extension and a light and Velcro side saddle.

I couldn’t really care less about attending shooting classes anymore, but about the only one I’d still like to get to, because I never did it, is a Randy Cain shotgun class.

Let us know how yours shoots!

Quote Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
    You have a link to the cree bulb?
    Here ya go. It’s advertised as a 1200 lumen. But I’m pretty sure it’s not putting that much out. But it’s definitely better than the old bulb. For $13 (w tax), I figured I’d give it a shot.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B072Z...ws_feature_div
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

Added a Magpul stock and a CREE bulb. +2 extension will be the next purchase.
    Be wary of the factory +2 extensions...the barrel clamp can push it out of alignment with the tube.

Here ya go. It’s advertised as a 1200 lumen. But I’m pretty sure it’s not putting that much out. But it’s definitely better than the old bulb. For $13 (w tax), I figured I’d give it a shot.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B072Z...ws_feature_div
    Nice! My old 6P has the 120 lumen KX4(?) head, but this looks like it will make the thing much more usable.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Be wary of the factory +2 extensions...the barrel clamp can push it out of alignment with the tube.

Nice! My old 6P has the 120 lumen KX4(?) head, but this looks like it will make the thing much more usable.
    Ya, I hate the factory extensions with a passion. It’ll be a Scattergun, Vang or Nordic.

I’ll try to take some pics in the back yard tonight showing the light output.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

@Chuck Whitlock here’s a picture from my deck. The fence is probably 25 yards from where I’m standing to take the pic.
    Name:  BA32991E-079D-439E-BE98-EABFFB91F91A.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  29.4 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Ya, I hate the factory extensions with a passion. It’ll be a Scattergun, Vang or Nordic.

I’ll try to take some pics in the back yard tonight showing the light output.
    I really like the +1 extension on my 870P, for what it's worth. I have both the +1 and +2 from Wilson.

Last edited by Nephrology; 10-06-2019 at 07:50 PM.

Just ordered a Scattergun +2, VC jumbo safety and a MP sling from Brownells. $82 with the free shipping code and my LE discount. Total investment now of $305. About the only thing left on my list is to replace the stock sights. I really want a set of XS sights that aren’t tritium, but I don’t see them anywhere on the XS site.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

It's amazing to me that their are local gun stores out there with deals and hidden jems like this. Seems all the things I see at local stores are priced out of being reasonable.

Absolute score. And you've tuened it into a really great shotgun.

-Cory
    Last edited by Cory; 10-07-2019 at 12:28 PM.

User Tag List