Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I scored a helluva deal on an 870P

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    A little side note: I checked out their website and ended up ordering a lower receiver. I picked it up Friday and found the staff to be some nice people. While there I had them order me a Magpul 10/22 Backpacker. I didn’t see any trade in 870s left.
    When you go back, ask for Scotty. He’s a fellow Rangemaster Instructor and a good dude. I met him last year when he came to the Rangemaster class at our range.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    If anyone is looking for a police trade-in 870, Summit Gun Broker has some. They're not cheap, but prices seem reasonable for what you get. Mine should get here today or tomorrow.

ETA: The one I have coming is one of these.
    Last edited by revchuck38; 10-14-2019 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    If anyone is looking for a police trade-in 870, Summit Gun Broker has some. They're not cheap, but prices seem reasonable for what you get. Mine should get here today or tomorrow.

A few years ago I ordered my trade in 870P from Summit for my SBS project. Easy to work with and transaction was painless...except for the giving away of money. Buy with confidence.

Site Supporter

I picked it up today. It was advertised as being a Wingmaster but was a later Magnum, no biggie but I was thinking that the earlier version would be a better quality base gun. Otherwise, it's the same gun as pictured.

It's very much a good news/bad news situation. The action is slick as snot on a doorknob, the light worked when I replaced the batteries, and while it's worn there aren't any dents or gouges. OTOH, when I took it to the range and loaded a round of FFC to see how it patterned, it went "click" rather than "bang". I tried it twice more with the same result, not the slightest dent in the primer. Oh...delete my expletive! So it's going to Wilson's sooner than later. I paid for a shipping label through Wilson's web store and will ship the gun once I get the label. I called their CS and was advised there's a 6-7 week turnaround at this time. It should be back by Christmas or so.

Some questions, using the gun in the linked picture in my quote:

• What make is the magazine extension? I've read that the Remington one is problematic and want to make sure I won't have any issues with this gun.

• Will the lamp @Lon got for his gun work in this light? There's no model number on the light, just a serial number.

• Opinions on the Mesa Tactical polymer six-shell sidesaddle?

Thanks!
    Last edited by revchuck38; 10-17-2019 at 06:02 PM.

• What make is the magazine extension? I've read that the Remington one is problematic and want to make sure I won't have any issues with this gun.

looks like a factory Remington tube
    • Will the lamp @Lon got for his gun work in this light? There's no model number on the light, just a serial number.

From the looks of the light in the picture - yes.
    • Opinions on the Mesa Tactical polymer six-shell sidesaddle?

I have one of the Mesa poly side-saddles. Been ok for what I use it for - keeping rounds in a house gun. Haven’t done a bunch of shooting/reloading from it. Take that for what it’s worth.

Thanks!
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

Site Supporter
    @Lon - Thanks!

@Lon - Thanks!
    Anytime. Hope yours works out as well as mine has.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

As Lon said, yes. I bought the same lamp, and I used the same take-off lamp head that I had.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List