Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I scored a helluva deal on an 870P

Site Supporter
    Dammit, y'all cost me money. I've got an 870 Wingmaster with an 18" barrel and Surefire forend on the way. It'll be about $300 with shipping and transfer fee. When the mad money fund builds back up it'll go to Wilson for the Remington Steal package and sights.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Dammit, y'all cost me money. I've got an 870 Wingmaster with an 18" barrel and Surefire forend on the way. It'll be about $300 with shipping and transfer fee. When the mad money fund builds back up it'll go to Wilson for the Remington Steal package and sights.
    What about the full Vang Comp?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    What about the full Vang Comp?
    The package including sights from Wilson is $380, the full Van Comp is $840. That $460 difference would be more effectively spent on ammo and training. Some folks here have lots of disposable income...I'm not one of them.

If you have an older Surefire forend, this is what you want for it:

Name:  lm2-b-bk-angle.png
Views: 517
Size:  66.1 KB

https://www.surefire.com/lm2-6v-whit...d-forends.html

1000 lumens. Street price is about $150. I upgraded my Vang 590a1 with one, and I am very pleased.

That’s more than I paid for the forend (about 20 years ago). I did put a Malkoff LED in it, which upgraded it to 250-300 lumens.

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    It's amazing to me that their are local gun stores out there with deals and hidden jems like this. Seems all the things I see at local stores are priced out of being reasonable.

Absolute score. And you've tuened it into a really great shotgun.

-Cory
    Scoring firearms deals is like fishing or hunting- you got to be patient, and you got to be out fishing or hunting to get anything.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Nice! My old 6P has the 120 lumen KX4(?) head, but this looks like it will make the thing much more usable.
    Ordered and received. It's much brighter than the KX4.

The original 6P head wouldn't fully seat with this new lamp, but at my previous agency we'd replaced the 2-cell heads with 1-cell LED heads on our 870 forends, and I had the old one stashed away. Fits and works perfectly. This old 6P has a Raven clip/O-ring, and is now my nightstand light.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Got my parts in. Mag extension, sling and jumbo safety. Also added Velcro to the stock for an Esstac card I found in a drawer. Set up pretty much how I want it. May mess around with sights a bit, but not sure. I painted the front sight white and took a triangle file to the rear and opened it up a bit. I think I’ll add a layer of orange to the front sight and call it good for now. One day I’ll probably get rid of the plastic side saddle and add a VC shell card.

Name:  873A2C51-8CD3-4561-9748-9914AC4A2862.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  100.4 KB
    Name:  F21A755A-B44E-41E8-8D3B-6AC2463AEB46.jpg
Views: 468
Size:  76.3 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    Nobody in the prosecutor's office had enough sense to load and shoot the weapon so you essentially got a new gun.

I scored a helluva deal on an 870P

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    The good ones like mine were spoken for. They had a couple of 870 Wingmaster receivered riot guns that were in rough shape.

https://themiamiarmory.com
    A little side note for those of you in SW Ohio: I checked out their website and ended up ordering a lower receiver. I picked it up Friday and found the staff to be some nice people. While there I had them order me a Magpul 10/22 Backpacker. I didn’t see any trade in 870s left.
    Last edited by BobM; 10-13-2019 at 09:19 PM.

User Tag List