Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LEO vs LEO traffic incident ends with self inflicted GSW

Site Supporter

LEO vs LEO traffic incident ends with self inflicted GSW

Uhhh... wow

https://ktla.com/2019/09/23/encounte...gunshot-wound/

Encounter Between 2 Off-Duty Officers in San Marino Leaves 1 of Them With Self-Inflicted Gunshot Wound

An encounter on the road between an Alhambra police officer and a Los Angeles County sheriff's deputy while both were off-duty in San Marino ended with one of them firing his gun and injuring himself, authorities said Monday.

The incident unfolded around 8:30 a.m. Sunday when the deputy noticed a motorist he said was driving erratically on Duarte Road east of San Gabriel Boulevard in East San Gabriel, the San Marino Police Department said in a statement.

Using his personal vehicle, the deputy followed the driver into the city of San Marino, according to San Marino police.

"The deputy indicated that he wanted to stop the driver and tell him not to speed in the neighborhood," the agency said.

The deputy then pulled alongside the other vehicle and motioned for the driver to pull down his window, officials said. He did not know that the other motorist was an off-duty Alhambra police officer, according to investigators.

The police officer, also using his personal vehicle, slowed down and moved to the right to let the off-duty deputy pass, authorities said.

The deputy was traveling at high speeds, and this was perceived by the police officer as "aggressive," according to the San Marino Police Department.

The Alhambra official feared for his safety and drew his firearm while inside his car, and in doing so fired one round that led to his own injury, the Police Department said.

Neither of the officers knew that the other one was also in law enforcement, the Police Department said.

That police officer was taken to a hospital.

Investigators previously described the case as a "road rage incident," but San Marino police later said that was not the case. The deputy involved is assigned to the L.A. County Sheriff's Department's Court Services Division, authorities said.
    Last edited by HCM; 09-23-2019 at 06:40 PM.

Site Supporter
    "Sheriff, no one was more surprised than I..."

P320?
    Last edited by Wingate's Hairbrush; 09-23-2019 at 08:08 PM.
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Using his personal vehicle, the deputy followed the driver into the city of San Marino
    Well, there's your problem. Don't cop in your personal car and don't cop off duty for something as petty as traffic. If it's a real problem, call it in.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Read that earlier, that'll be an interesting admin review.

He was the only one professional enough?
    #RESIST

The agency I retired from. No further comment...
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Don't cop in your personal car and don't cop off duty for something as petty as traffic.
    I remember doing this a couple of times in my rookie days. Now I look back and think, "What a fuckin' idiot...".

Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    I remember doing this a couple of times in my rookie days. Now I look back and think, "What a fuckin' idiot...".
    Guilty as charged.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingate's Hairbrush View Post
    P320?
    Guilty first thought.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

User Tag List