Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gemtech lanyard

Site Supporter
    Nice, hope you post some pics from your upcoming trip. I’m jealous of the public land riding ya’ll have out west.

I gave up carrying while riding dualsport here since most of the legal off-road* riding is tight single track surrounded by trees that move fairly fast and I’m certainly no Scott Summers on my pig of an xr650l. That, combined with a curiosity of my limits means I’m going to end up on the ground a few times and I like not having a gun when I fall down.

*I don’t consider roads that can be driven on by a 2wd truck as off-road.
    Last edited by Caballoflaco; 09-25-2019 at 06:44 PM.

OP, that Gemtech looks as good as anything. Similar to the Tactical Tailor lanyard I use on those occasions where one is desirable.

The lanyard is the unsung hero of the pistol world.

Question: the lanyard loop on the G19X is basically a plug for that space in the backstrap, right? Wouldn't it come off the gun easily if pulled really hard?
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Question: the lanyard loop on the G19X is basically a plug for that space in the backstrap, right? Wouldn't it come off the gun easily if pulled really hard?
    I hope so.
    That's the whole point behind breakaway lanyards.
    You want it to retain the pistol but break before it drags you to your doom.

"For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I hope so.
    That's the whole point behind breakaway lanyards.
    You want it to retain the pistol but break before it drags you to your doom.

Thanks.

So where's the line of it breaks away "too easy" vs too "too hard". so to speak.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Thanks.

So where's the line of it breaks away "too easy" vs too "too hard". so to speak.
    The Gemtech is designed to break at 100# of force.
    That's probably the mil-spec.
    Last edited by JodyH; 09-26-2019 at 10:38 AM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    The Gemtech is designed to break at 100# of force.
    That's probably the mil-spec.
    The issued lanyard in the early 2000s for the FMF was a nylon cord with a metal clip. In security forces it was a black bungee one that also had a metal clip. I doubt it was 100lbs. I think 100lbs is probably a good number though.

I have the gemtech lanyard i use while kayaking, nad it works well enough. The lanyard loop as stated isn't super heavy duty, but that's a good thing.

I use it in conjunction with a safariland, but for me, concealment isnt a priority

User Tag List