Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gemtech lanyard

Gemtech lanyard

Anyone have experience with the Gemtech lanyard or have suggestions for a quality lanyard?
    I'm wanting one for my upcoming dual-sport backcountry motorcycle trip.
    It'll be paired up with a Glock 19X, Raven Perun combination.
    Kinda concealed is good enough for my purposes on this trip.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I’ve used one with my 629 in a tree stand with no issues. I also have a “PCO” lanyard that is less bulky than the Gemtech that I’ve used more often with my Glock or M&Ps while kayaking. If concealability is a goal, try to find the PCO. I don’t remember where I got it but I’ll post a source if I find it.

The PCO lanyard is made my Cetacea Tactical and is available from a variety of sources.

I have this one, and it’s great. I tested it on the 19x and it’s perfect.

https://prometheusdesignwerx.com/pro...iant=778382225

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Anyone have experience with the Gemtech lanyard or have suggestions for a quality lanyard?
    I'm wanting one for my upcoming dual-sport backcountry motorcycle trip.
    It'll be paired up with a Glock 19X, Raven Perun combination.
    Kinda concealed is good enough for my purposes on this trip.
    If you would like one of these, PM me a shipping address and I will send one with the swivel (NIW) gratis.
    https://blackhawk.com/products/holst...lanyard-coiled
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Site Supporter
    If kinda concealed is good enough why not run a holster with retention?

The idea of a glock being dragged holsterless behind me while I’m riding; so it might possibly end up in a rear wheel, or more likely sliding down a hill holsterless behind me gives me a twitchy-eyed case of the nopes.

I used to use a Gear Keeper: https://gearkeeper.com/applications/firearms

We also used them for our lapel mics when I was in the VFD. Worked well in both applications, though I eventually abandoned it on my handgun due to snag issues when the gun was drawn, though I imagine that would be an issue for any handgun lanyard.
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 09-23-2019 at 09:06 PM.

Really appreciate the generous offer on the Blackhawk but I already have a shipping notice on one of the PCO lanyards (great suggestion, thanks).

As to why the Perun/lanyard instead of my Safariland ALS?
    The Perun conceals the 19X fairly well under just a T-shirt, my Safariland not so much even with the lowest profile belt loops attached it's an obvious gun bulge.
    While maximum concealment doesn't matter on this trip, somewhat adequate concealment does matter to me.
    I don't mind getting made by someone who's looking, I don't like getting made from 10' away by everyone (especially by other drivers).

As to having it get hung up in the wheel or dragging along the road on the leash... ehh it's a Glock it won't mind and as far as the bike goes i've had a shitload of fencing wire get tangled up before in my rear wheel that didn't cause me much more than an hour of annoyance cutting it out with a multi-tool so a breakaway coil lanyard getting in there doesn't worry me.

Thanks all.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

btw: here's a pic of why a lanyard might be a good idea on some of my motorcycle adventures.
    I tend to do things on an adventure bike that really shouldn't be done.

Attachment 42913

Cool. Let us know how it works.

I use lanyards a lot. Started in the Marines, continued as a commercial fisherman but the only time I really needed it was after dumping a canoe, maybe a few.

A safariland and a lanyard are even better.

Who said "Lanyards ward off evil spirits"?

I sleep under the stars a lot. Well, I used to,and have woken up with bears at my feet several times. Of course they've all run off as I'm drawing but it's nice to know if I got knocked about I'd still be armed.

User Tag List