Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Colt Night Cobra prices

Site Supporter
    Anybody have any problems with their new colt? A friend of mine said if he doesn’t let the trigger return all the way it locks up. Sounds like it’s just him but I am curious if anybody else has had problems. I think colt really missed the boat by not making a lightweight model too. But it seems like Colt likes to do dumb things.

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    Anybody have any problems with their new colt? A friend of mine said if he doesn’t let the trigger return all the way it locks up. Sounds like it’s just him but I am curious if anybody else has had problems. I think colt really missed the boat by not making a lightweight model too. But it seems like Colt likes to do dumb things.
    Mine are rock solid so far. What your friend is doing is short-stroking, which is admittedly easy to do on the Colt, but no easier than on an LCR or K6s —which also have light triggers. You have to learn the reset on all of them. JMO.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Mine are rock solid so far. What your friend is doing is short-stroking, which is admittedly easy to do on the Colt, but no easier than on an LCR or K6s —which also have light triggers. You have to learn the reset on all of them. JMO.

I have heard the LCR is easy to short stroke. How do the K6 and Colt compare to the LCR in this regard.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I have heard the LCR is easy to short stroke. How do the K6 and Colt compare to the LCR in this regard.
    It's easier to short stroke an LCR than it is a Cobra in my limited Cobra experience. The LCR has two "clicks" at the very end of the forward part of the trigger stroke. You have to go all the way to the second one. The Cobra does a better job of kicking the trigger back forward. Stock Smiths are best at this. I can't comment on the Kimber as I've no experience with it.
    Last edited by oss117; 11-26-2019 at 06:13 PM.

300 rounds of FGMM thru my Night Cobra so far. It’s a joy to shoot, and remains a constant fixture in my range bag. Everyone who tries it seems to enjoy shooting it very much. I like this wheel gun so much I might grab another at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

500 rounds of FGMM wadcutters thru my Night Cobra. For me, this is the perfect wheel gun. The double action trigger is exquisite, excellent accuracy and pretty much zero recoil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    My Colt Cobra, circa '72, does exactly the same thing. It's been a software problem overcoming that.

It has been my experience that the new Cobra is better in it's reset than the old and the trigger has less stacking than the old. Owned and carried both, for years. Qualified with both and shot better with the new Cobra. I think this is because of better sights, better trigger and better grip.

Carried an old Cobra in a Renegade ankle holster as a backup for years, great gun then and a good one now.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I am waiting, possibly in vain, for a “Night Light Cobra” as well. I would buy at least one if reasonably priced. It would seem to be an ideal ankle rig backup gun as well as a commie state LEOSA carry gun. Our new Sheriff takes office next week and I am going to write a proposal to specifically allow BUGS. I hope that it will be objectively considered. BUGS were banned in the early ‘90s for spurious reasons. It would be nice to have a light new Cobra in hand for demonstration purposes.

Site Supporter
    Good luck with the backup gun proposal. I was always glad my department authorized backup guns. Most officers didn’t take advantage of our policy. We had to record our back up guns with the department by serial number and qualify with them. The reason no given by most officers was evenly split between costs too much or I don’t need a backup gun. I used to call the “I don’t need one” guys “the runaway officers” I would ask them what was their “plan B?” They usually just shrugged. The others were either cheap bastards or just had too many kids. If it was up to me I would issue duty and back up guns. Then issue holsters for both and require they be carried on duty.

User Tag List