Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt Night Cobra prices

Colt Night Cobra prices

It appears prices have come down significantly on this model. Any particular reason other than they may not be selling as well? Anybody have experience with the night Cobra?

Quote Originally Posted by vaglocker View Post
    Anybody have experience with the night Cobra?
    I really like mine. Great sights, great trigger, good finish, solid shooter..
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Is it a big J Frame or a small K frame?

Quote Originally Posted by Oukaapie View Post
    Is it a big J Frame or a small K frame?
    Depends who you ask. It’s pretty much SP-101 sized. Fits SP leather.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

What prices are we talking? I saw them for $499 some months back, but they are climbing up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    What prices are we talking? I saw them for $499 some months back, but they are climbing up again.
    They weren't really on my radar until recently so I was looking at some early video reviews where msrp was $899. Doing some cursory searching the other day I saw one for $550ish and was surprised. I'll probably jump on it, but wish there were some holster options from the familiar PF holster makers (i.e. kydex aiwb).

Site Supporter
    This might be sheer folly, but I am waiting for the "Night Light" Cobra with lightweight frame, short stocks, and bobbed hammer for pocket carry. I had a Commando Special 35 years ago that worked just OK in that role with the steel frame and fishhook hammer.
    Last edited by deputyG23; 09-24-2019 at 08:46 AM.

Site Supporter
    That is where I am at. I have a 1965 colt cobra (the light version) and it is great, but I can't shoot it a ton or use +p ammo, which most of the defensive stuff out there is. I have one of the new cobras as well, but it is huge for a pocket gun or ankle gun. If they came out with a new alloy version I would be all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    This might be sheer folly, but I am waiting for the "Night Light" Cobra with lightweight frame, short stocks, and bobbed hammer for pocket carry. I had a Commando Special 35 years ago that worked just OK in that role with the steel frame and fishhook hammer.

Steel version to train with and an alloy one to carry seems perfect.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Maybe it's just me but I measured my new Cobra against my old DS 1974 series and they are the same size and use the same holster. I carry an SP Ruger 2.25", both the DS and the new Colt Cobra in the same holsters. Most often in a Galco Speedmaster.

I also put the night sight on my new Cobra. Obtained from Brownells and it is a nice bright sight.

User Tag List