Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Colt Night Cobra prices

I ordered one from Buds this afternoon. Now to source an AIWB holster, grips and speed strips....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    I ordered one from Buds this afternoon. Now to source an AIWB holster, grips and speed strips....

Grips are either OEM G10 by VZ, OEM rubber by whomever, or Altamont’s grip in various material combinations. I prefer the Altamont—most def fits my hand the best.

Holsters are tough right now; this guy will do one in kydex:

https://www.gunnerscustomholsters.bi...ckableclip.htm

As well, SP-101 leather works too, if you can find a good AIWB leather rig for an SP.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    All of the holsters for the new DS will work with the old ones, but not all of the ones for the old ones fit the new ones (because of the enlarged trigger guard). I have also not had much luck fitting anything into ruger SP101 holsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke38 View Post
    Maybe it's just me but I measured my new Cobra against my old DS 1974 series and they are the same size and use the same holster. I carry an SP Ruger 2.25", both the DS and the new Colt Cobra in the same holsters. Most often in a Galco Speedmaster.

I also put the night sight on my new Cobra. Obtained from Brownells and it is a nice bright sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Grips are either OEM G10 by VZ, OEM rubber by whomever, or Altamont’s grip in various material combinations. I prefer the Altamont—most def fits my hand the best.

Holsters are tough right now; this guy will do one in kydex:

https://www.gunnerscustomholsters.bi...ckableclip.htm

As well, SP-101 leather works too, if you can find a good AIWB leather rig for an SP.
    Thank you for the information. Order placed for a holster, per your link.

Colt Night Cobra prices

So I’ve got a holster ordered, speed strips on the way and 500 rounds of .38 en route. Now I wait until I get the email from Hansohn Brothers......

I selected the Night Cobra because I don’t currently own a revolver and I want something ban-state compliant because I’ll be in New York State and Vermont this coming year, and want to carry on my creds without fuss or hassle.

Last edited by Kyle Reese; 11-09-2019 at 07:06 PM.

For your purposes, the NC is a great fit. You won't regret buying one for a minute, even if you move on at some point down the road.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Grab-a-Gun's offering these for $569 right now: https://grabagun.com/colt-firearms-n...a6e30477ca5441
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

I’ve had mine for about a week and a half now, and have 100 rounds of FGMM wadcutters thru it. This pistol is an absolute joy to shoot, and I’m very satisfied with my purchase.

Sadly, my Night Cobra had to go back to Colt. Been there for about 6 weeks now. Not exactly sure of the cause but after about 400 rounds and countless dry fires the cylinder would lock up occasionally or the cylinder would "jump" forward as opposed to smoothly indexing every few trigger pulls.

Quote Originally Posted by vaglocker View Post
    Sadly, my Night Cobra had to go back to Colt. Been there for about 6 weeks now. Not exactly sure of the cause but after about 400 rounds and countless dry fires the cylinder would lock up occasionally or the cylinder would "jump" forward as opposed to smoothly indexing every few trigger pulls.
    Bummer,dude. How has their CS been? Any idea as to when you’ll get the pistol back?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User Tag List