Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The VTAC is a Really Great Target

The VTAC is a Really Great Target

Name:  98CFE052-E57E-43B9-9770-AFEAD56FA74B.jpg
Views: 1239
Size:  51.9 KB

Discuss. (no I don’t know Kyle Lamb nor am I getting paid)

Much like the LTT targets, it has a lot going on so it is very versatile.

I'm curious as to the thought behind the design of boxes 1-5. Obviously it gives you some different size/shape targets to work with precision shots (definite "hostage" vibe going on). Is there more to it than that?
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Much like the LTT targets, it has a lot going on so it is very versatile.

I'm curious as to the thought behind the design of boxes 1-5. Obviously it gives you some different size/shape targets to work with precision shots (definite "hostage" vibe going on). Is there more to it than that?
    Sometimes an instructor would call out a number one through five. It keeps you on your toes and shooting is a thinking person's game. It's brings the cognitive into the physical action. There is still more to it. I own 7 of Viking Tactics DVDs. Makes me want to do another run through of those.

I keep telling myself that I should order some of these targets. What's the best way to mount them to a cardboard backer. Staples or contact adhesive spray or something else?

I get the numbers, I meant more the particular shapes. They are reminiscent of a VTAC board, which makes sense, just curious as to the thought behind them. They are unusual and I’m sure Lamb has a good reason for it.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

These, LTT-1 and TLG's P-F targets are gold standard IMHO. Since two of these incorporate B-8's no need to mention those though I have tons of love for them.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    I get the numbers, I meant more the particular shapes. They are reminiscent of a VTAC board, which makes sense, just curious as to the thought behind them. They are unusual and I’m sure Lamb has a good reason for it.

From the Man himself. A description of the VTac targets: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjncyZEq4EY

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    These, LTT-1 and TLG's P-F targets are gold standard IMHO. Since two of these incorporate B-8's no need to mention those though I have tons of love for them.
    These are the two I regularly carry to the range with me and frequently get comments on both.

I've taken some classes from a local trainer who uses them and I agree, they are good targets for defensive training because they create some contrast conditions which are similar to what you would encounter in the real world.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Personally I prefer
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Personally I prefer
    This is a good Test target but not a good training target. For training purposes you need to have the smaller areas you need to hit well defined.

User Tag List