Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hard To Watch: Mob Beatdown of Lone Individual (Forewarned is Forearmed)

Hard To Watch: Mob Beatdown of Lone Individual (Forewarned is Forearmed)

This one comes from Active Self Protection this morning. Regardless of stupid games, stupid prizes, it's hard not to be completely sickened by what transpires here.

This video is a great wake-up call to those who cannot fathom the level of evil that exists in their own backyards...

There's nothing civil about this war.

That event is brutal and, unfortunately, unsurprising (to me at least). Teenage offenders are often some of the harshest and fastest to act/attack.

I actively avoid groups of young men and women (of any race) - like I try my best to avoid interacting with drunk people. In both cases, it seems the lack of inhibition and cognition that results in bad things.

Site Supporter
    Really beyond description of how ridiculous that was.

Behavior like that is why society will always need cops ready to thump skulls, not social workers.

Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    Really beyond description of how ridiculous that was.

Behavior like that is why society will always need cops ready to thump skulls, not social workers.
    It's really difficult for me to believe that any of the perpetrators in that video will ever become contributing members of a civil society. (Oh excuse me 'alleged' perpetrators.)

Certainly not with the societal rules in play today. However as fixer stated above, perhaps if someone cracked them upside their heads they just might be motivated to drift in a positive direction. Even then I'm still not going to hold me breath waiting for the transformation.

Some back story:

https://www.fox9.com/news/targeted-f...is-crime-spree

MINNEAPOLIS (FOX 9) - Minneapolis Police have broken up a loosely-organized violent downtown crime ring that focused on getting cell phones from drunk people and then beating the victims.

During a three-day sweep a couple of weeks ago, cops arrested 16 people, one as young as 13. The assailants punched, kicked and even rode over one man with a bike.

Most of these robberies and assaults happened along Hennepin, 1st, and 2nd Avenues, between 3rd and 6th Streets, and mostly after 10 p.m.

In one of the cases, a man was looking at his cell phone at 5th and Hennepin at 4 a.m. Another man started up a conversation and within seconds, the victim was surrounded by six others and brutally beaten. They left him unconscious on the sidewalk.

A few days earlier and a few blocks away, people were playing a dice game at Target Field plaza when they swiped a man's cell phone. The victim was stripped, punched and kicked in the head. He was defenseless as the suspects jumped on him, threw potted plants on him and rode over him with a bike...

...Robbery is up 46% in downtown Minneapolis from last year. In a three-week period in August, there were 47 robberies, and the prize each time was a smart phone.

Bill Peterson is the new inspector downtown and told FOX 9 that the groups of males - and sometimes females - were targeting drunk people. Sometimes they asked for a cigarette, to use a phone or, in at least one case, picked the pockets of an unsuspecting downtowner.

There’s a name for the coordinated mugging.

"The groups we talk to call it, 'finessing.' They're finessing the victim, they’re trying to figure out victim's stability intoxication,” said Sgt. Darcy Klund, who leads the downtown Community Response Team.

CELLS FOR CASH

Police believe many of the phones are ending up at self-service kiosks, which people can use to trade in old phones for cash. One of the more common is called ECO ATM, and there are more than 40 kiosks in Minnesota.
    Last edited by blues; 09-22-2019 at 10:27 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Tough stuff to watch. Could have been worse, though.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter

Hard To Watch: Mob Beatdown of Lone Individual (Forewarned is Forearmed)

I may have posted something that could have been offensive or insensitive to victims of a terrible event this month several years ago, hence the reason for my edit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by serialsolver; 09-22-2019 at 11:17 AM.

There’s a name for the coordinated mugging.

"The groups we talk to call it, 'finessing.' They're finessing the victim, they’re trying to figure out victim's stability intoxication,” said Sgt. Darcy Klund, who leads the downtown Community Response Team.

CELLS FOR CASH

Police believe many of the phones are ending up at self-service kiosks, which people can use to trade in old phones for cash. One of the more common is called ECO ATM, and there are more than 40 kiosks in Minnesota.
    In New Haven, Connecticut the thugs nicknamed their exploits, "Apple Picking". i-Phones being the predominate smartphone in use and it was easy to target a Yalie or any pedestrian staring zombie like at their phone.

New Haven PD ran a sweep of the pawn shops & low end wireless stores looking for stolen phones. They called it "Apple Harvest". It made the news when one shop owner got pinched not for stolen property but for having over the state mandated 10 rounds in a magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    It made the news when one shop owner got pinched not for stolen property but for having over the state mandated 10 rounds in a magazine.
    That'd be funny if it wasn't true.
    That 11th round will cost that productive, tax paying citizen far more life changing grief than any of these feral youths will receive from the justice system.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

If you've never dealt with miscreants like this before, you can't fully comprehend the level of depravity they're capable of exhibiting. In any event, it's a universal reality that if you look like food - you will likely be eaten.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

User Tag List