Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Do I need a Glock 42?

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Hope not!
    I’ve seen that dude in person. Pretty sure you can outrun him, while surfing P-F on your phone.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    FUT = eFfed-Up Tangle, or something like that. Shivworks/SouthNarc language.

Different weapons shapes work better in different pockets. All else being equal, it is easier to get a good grasp on a rounded-grip object than a flat, three-dimensional rectangle.

A protruding, blocky rear portion of a striker-fired auto-pistol slide can interfere with a smooth, swift exit from a pocket. pocket. The smaller the pocket opening, the worse it gets. The tighter the pocket, the worse it gets.

I have non-cheap jeans, Wranger “pro rodeo,” or something like that, and one pair of terrible 5.11 “tactical” jeans, none of which can accommodate a G42 or a J-Snub. I have given up on jeans, for carrying anything in the pockets.

Watch and listen to the P&S video, on the subject of snubbies.

Good to know about the jeans. I have watched and listened to the P&S video/podcast and that is what put me on the path of trying to acquire an MP340. Then more reading had me worried the cylinder would be too bulky in my pocket so I was looking at small semi-autos.
    --Jason--

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Holmes375 View Post

The Glock 42 is a pistol I never wanted yet it has become a favorite. Ya just never know what life is going to throw at you. Sooo.... yes, I say you should indeed buy a G42
    This is me too.

I have avoided buying one because I’m concerned I’d carry it.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Nice!

I gave mine to one of my DIL's a few years ago but am reminded now that I should replace it. They're just that cool IMO. Wish they'd bring out .22 versions of it and the 43.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I went back and forth on pocket carrying a G42 for a few months.
    I'm currently back to a Kahr PM9.
    It's hard to justify the G42 .380 when I get the exact same number of 9mm rounds in a fractionally smaller dimensioned package (although slightly heavier) with the Kahr.
    I also prefer the PM9's revolver like trigger for pocket carry.
    The usual caveat with Kahrs must apply though... mine has proven itself absolutely reliable (after a bit of tinkering when I first got it).
    My G42 OTOH has been 100% with Underwood +P Penetrators but very inconsistent with FMJ practice ammo (so kinda confidence inspiring and kinda not).

The only reason I keep a J-frame (M&P 340) around is because it has a Clip-Draw installed on it and makes late evening runs to the alley trash can (or the car in a motel parking lot) in basketball shorts and flip-flops a grab-n-go affair.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I think one reason I have held onto the 642 with wadcutters is the fact the wadcutter has been used to put down wounded animals for years. I dont know why I would think the j frame would do a better job on a wounded animal than a warm 380. I probably (I hope) stand a better chance of a finishing shot on a deer than I do a human. I guess that would come down to penetration.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I totally get this. I pocket carry at work. I had hernia surgery a few weeks ago and have not gone back to carrying aiwb so pocket carry has become my primary.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Hope not!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA4UZMHTjRA

My wife used to frequently carry a 42 when the 43 was too large for her attire, but since she got a 365, it has replaced 42/43/43X.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List