Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Do I need a Glock 42?

Uh....no.

I am aware of multiple instances where civilians had need for a barrier blind projectile in order to successfully stop an attack.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by zaitcev View Post
    What you're missing is that while in theory, the theory and practice are the same, in practice they are different. You aren't going to use your .380 to fire 200 times at a UPS van without identifying your target and kill the hostage. In fact if you did that, you'd be on trial for murder. But cops do just that. They are concerned with barrier penetration, and you are not. If Jack Wilson's P229 were loaded with .380 ACP and not .357 SIG, the result would be exactly the same.

That said, of course I would carry a 9mm if I could. The cost of training ammunition alone makes it worth a consideration.
    “Cops do that”? I’m not sure which “cops” you’re referring to that fire into a UPS van 200 times.

I do know that I’ve been an inter city LEO with a department of slightly over 1,000 sworn officers for the last 28 years, and a front line supervisor (Sergeant) for 19 years. Firing into a van 200 times...? I’d be interested in hearing where this actually occurred.

I stand by my earlier statement that the mechanics involved to incapacitate a violent threat remain the same for the defender, no matter what their occupation.

But at this point, I’m tagging out on this topic.

Bumping this one back up, as it still appears to be the most current on the G42. Totally understand the caliber issue. I have a 442, G26, and a G43 at hand, and I still think the G42 has things to offer that none of them can. That said, Karma is apparently sending me a clear message (today, from "my" FFL) about the G42. Thought I had one on the way, done deal, four months ago, but...nope. Not much supply now in Covid times. Question for the collective: is there a cut line (date or SN range) where I'd be pretty sure I'm was getting something that has the fixes incorporated to address the early G42 problems?

The various panic buying that’s been going on throughout 2020 has mostly cleared out existing inventory of defensive handguns nationwide.

If I were in the market for a Glock 42, I’d be ok with a newly manufactured one, as it’s a good bet that any that are actually in stock are of recent manufacture.
    Last edited by Beat Trash; 07-03-2020 at 12:45 PM.

User Tag List