Thread: Beretta PX4 Inert Training Tool

Beretta PX4 Inert Training Tool

Beretta sells this PX4 blue gun (product number E00553) that has a detachable magazine. Comes with two magazines, one weighted like an empty live magazine and one like a full one. Kind of expensive, but for someone who might really need to work on their magazine changes (ahem...), might be a nifty tool. Thing is though, in the pictures of the product the magazine release button looks like it's held on with a Philips head screw. Which is... strange. So I am left wondering whether anyone has handled one, and if they can tell me if the magazine release is reversible like it is in an actual PX4? Any other observations of the product are of course appreciated as well.

Dunsil tool

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Beretta sells this PX4 blue gun (product number E00553) that has a detachable magazine. Comes with two magazines, one weighted like an empty live magazine and one like a full one. Kind of expensive, but for someone who might really need to work on their magazine changes (ahem...), might be a nifty tool. Thing is though, in the pictures of the product the magazine release button looks like it's held on with a Philips head screw. Which is... strange. So I am left wondering whether anyone has handled one, and if they can tell me if the magazine release is reversible like it is in an actual PX4? Any other observations of the product are of course appreciated as well.
    The magazine release is not reversible. Further, the slide and slide catch are non-functioning. At best, this "tool" can assist in bad habits. Since it would isolate magazine changing with no slide or slide catch participation it could cause a person training with it to detach the slide manipulation from magazine changing.
    With the cost and limited function it does not seem too attractive.

I only use blue guns for practice of retention, disarms and where I’m going to be pointing at training partners. Dry practice is always using the actual weapon.

Les Pepperoni uses one, seems like something you can leave laying around for random dry fire practice.

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    Les Pepperoni uses one, seems like something you can leave laying around for random dry fire practice.
    He's kind of good at reloading

I've got the Beretta 92 version... Before I pulled my IG page down, I had a ton of vids with it. I'd got 100's of reps in while waiting for coffee to brew or eggs to cooks. Having a 4 year old daughter made it a no-brainer to just leave lying around the house. (Hell, her reloads are getting pretty decent now!)

The magazines from these kits will fit the real guns too. The inert guns should fit most holsters.

While the slide doesn't lock back, I haven't noticed detrimental effects on my shooting abilities, rather, I have noticed speedy reloads. YMMV.

If you are interested, I think the discount code "LESPEPPER" will still knock 15% off and give you free shipping on the Beretta USA site...

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    Can the mag release be reversed on the 92 version? That’s a big deal for left handed shooters who reverse the mag release, as I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    I've got the Beretta 92 version... Before I pulled my IG page down, I had a ton of vids with it. I'd got 100's of reps in while waiting for coffee to brew or eggs to cooks. Having a 4 year old daughter made it a no-brainer to just leave lying around the house. (Hell, her reloads are getting pretty decent now!)

The magazines from these kits will fit the real guns too. The inert guns should fit most holsters.

While the slide doesn't lock back, I haven't noticed detrimental effects on my shooting abilities, rather, I have noticed speedy reloads. YMMV.

If you are interested, I think the discount code "LESPEPPER" will still knock 15% off and give you free shipping on the Beretta USA site...

Quote Originally Posted by Rapid Butterfly View Post
    Can the mag release be reversed on the 92 version? That’s a big deal for left handed shooters who reverse the mag release, as I have.
    So, the magazine button has 4 pcs:

1.) Screw
    2.) Spring
    3.) Immobile side
    4.) Button side

The trouble is that the two halves (part 3 & 4) fit together in an orientation that isn't easily reversible (at least on the 92 trainer)

The issue is that the "immobile side" has an extension that screws into the button side, maintaining a certain depth.

To make it left hand friendly, they'd have to mirror parts 3 & 4. I'll see if I can't take a picture later...

User Tag List