Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Vickers' 50/50 Rule for M4 Carbines

My Grandparents ran the Starlight in Cocoa Beach back in the early 60's.
    Someone tired of waiting for a seat tried the "do you know who I am!" on my Grandma.
    "No"
    "I'm Don January!"
    "Well, I'm Florence February, and you can just keep waiting."
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    For what it's worth, I think LAV is putting out good information for the average person who may not vet their magazines and weapons, especially during a bolt forward reload. I think we all know that the last round or 2 in a Glock magazine are tough to load and a slide forward reload requires a solid seating of the magazine. I have an AUG and both 30 and 42 round magazines require a forceful seating of the magazine during a bolt forward reload.

I have only taken one class with LAV so I would not call myself a groupie. While I did note alot of time on his cell phone between drills and during breaks, he was professional and more approachable than some other instructors I have seen. Not to dismiss anyone else's experiences, those are just mine. YMMV.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Somewhat similar although not as noteworthy;

Some years ago I worked as a cashier at a gas station in Sheridan, WY. A fellow came in and bought gas and a few snacks. He said he was in town on a hunting trip. Seeing that I wasn't somehow impressed he asked if I watched Party of Five. I said I didn't.

To this day I don't know who he was and have not seen a single episode of the TV show he was on....

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Did he ask you to flip a coin or call you, "Friendo?"
    Last edited by FNFAN; 10-06-2019 at 11:54 PM.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    charge plate to pay for the item
    Well, I learned something new to-day.
    I remember seeing knucklebuster-style manual card imprinters a lot when I was a kid.

User Tag List