Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RFI Graith Buckle Position AIWB

I've found two methods that seem to work for me.

Method 1: Counter clockwise, buckle at 4ish, tail ends just before holster about 1. When I need to don and doff in vehicle (4ish days a week) this puts the holster closer to the non buckle end so I can unthread.
    Name:  20190928_135625.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  34.2 KBName:  20190928_135651.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  24.7 KB

Method 2: Counter clockwise, buckle at 11ish, tail ends around 9. This puts the holster further away from the non buckle end, and requires a complete doff of belt to unthread holster. But, it feels a little more comfortable to me. Thus when I don't anticipate removing the holster it's the go too.

Name:  20190928_135834.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  44.7 KB

Ultimately I'll probably standardize on one or the other. If I ever get around to buying a clip for the Keeper I'll go method 2 always.

I can actually conceal in a white center raglan shirt with a full size 92 in this set up. It's phenominal. If I get back into core workouts, burpees, and push ups instead of beer I'll do it even better. I feel like the chest-waist size ratio helps alot. Plus I'm 6' 180lbs and a natural telephone pole build.

Also, you're welcome. I retook pictures that didn't show my awesome stomach hair treasure trail and the top of my hanes comfortband.

-Cory

Well done, Cory...and thanks for not including the trail of tears.

By the way, beer and burpees go together like peas and carrots...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I thread all of my Mastermind / Graith belts clockwise around my body, opposite the way we do with a leather belt with a traditional buckle.

As a righty, I position the holster between 12.30 and 1.30 depending on the gun carried and belt loops.

Buckle is swiveled over to the left and nestles against the belt loop at approximately 11.00

The holster is supported by the full thickness of the belt. The tail goes over toward my weak side hip.
    i never thought of this and have been having the "tail" of the belt go over the holster. This solution of threading the belt clockwise is just sheer genius as it makes things simpler. Thank you for explaining this.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    i never thought of this and have been having the "tail" of the belt go over the holster. This solution of threading the belt clockwise is just sheer genius as it makes things simpler. Thank you for explaining this.
    Scott, I wish I could take credit but it was actually Chris, the Mastermind himself, that was the one that illustrated this method of donning his belts early on.

I did come up with moving the buckle over to the first loop left of my center line all by myself, though. So I got that going for me, which is nice.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Scott, I wish I could take credit but it was actually Chris, the Mastermind himself, that was the one that illustrated this method of donning his belts early on.

I did come up with moving the buckle over to the first loop left of my center line all by myself, though. So I got that going for me, which is nice.
    Well, the explanation was new to me, so definitely appreciated.

User Tag List