Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RFI Graith Buckle Position AIWB

I thread the Buckle through the loops counter clockwise. Tail goes to the left away from the gun. I AIWB a spare mag at 11:00 and the tail goes over that clip. The buckle also goes almost over the clip, about 11:15 of 11:30. It evens out any slight bulge from the front of the holster which is about 12:15. The resulting printing, if any, looks like a centered belt buckle.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I thread all of my Mastermind / Graith belts clockwise around my body, opposite the way we do with a leather belt with a traditional buckle.

As a righty, I position the holster between 12.30 and 1.30 depending on the gun carried and belt loops.

Buckle is swiveled over to the left and nestles against the belt loop at approximately 11.00

The holster is supported by the full thickness of the belt. The tail goes over toward my weak side hip.
    This is how I do it as well.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Somewhere along the way i started wearing all my belts the same when carrying. Right side aiwb, buckle to the right of my guns grip. Somewhere between 230-3 with the tail going behind me toward 4,5,6. To tighten i just grab the tail from behind with my left hand and cinch where needed. Leaves all the real estate up front smooth and useable and i can run knives, mag pouches etc.... all around my support side without impediment. If it helps i suppose i could snap a few pics

Edit - also this allows you to avoid wrapping the tail over your holster attachment. Therefore less tumor looking
    Last edited by backtrail540; 09-21-2019 at 06:55 PM.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Site Supporter
    I'm 6', 190 with a 34" waist and carry in the same position. What works best for me with the graith is to thread the belt the opposite direction and put the buckle where I marked an X. It pulls the buckle into the dead space just in front of the slide and hides it.

Name:  002039.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  19.9 KB

I wore it today in the manner @blues described, which was seconded by a few others.

It was definitely concealable with less printing. I do think I need to make 2 small changes to my holster though. First, a clip attachment for the keeper will probably be better. I frequently don and doff. The belt has to nearly conpletely be removed with this arrangment. Second, the slight change in stiffness made my pad (a cut down JMCK wedge) hit my leg funny. I had to find an empty isle for a quick junk grab and rearrange while grocery shopping. So may take a small amount off, or tweak the angle.

Thanks for the input guys. I think I'm going to stick with the 36" belt.

-Cory

Using the slide as the "minute hand", I see you're carrying at about the 12:15 position. I also see that with the single wide clip on the holster you have to be either in front or behind the belt loop. Have you considered (or will that holster allow) 2 single clips (DCC for example) that would allow you to straddle the belt loop - which would allow for a carry position closer to 1:00 to 1:30? That would move the rig to a flatter spot on your waist and not have anything right up front.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry T View Post
    Using the slide as the "minute hand", I see you're carrying at about the 12:15 position. I also see that with the single wide clip on the holster you have to be either in front or behind the belt loop. Have you considered (or will that holster allow) 2 single clips (DCC for example) that would allow you to straddle the belt loop - which would allow for a carry position closer to 1:00 to 1:30? That would move the rig to a flatter spot on your waist and not have anything right up front.
    I've tried two attachment points with a JMCK and Glock before moving to 92s and the Keeper. To be honest, I like the holster in the position it's in. The closer to 12, the faster the draw but less concealment. The further toward 1, better concealment far less comfort and slower draw. That's been my experience anyway. Where my pistol sits right now gives me a well rounded speed/concealment/comfort that I'm willing to live with.

I'm going to possibly change the holster's attachment for ease of donning/doffing. So I might look into multiple attachment points (maybe PTD loops), but It wont be for a holster position change.

-Cory

I took a few quick and bad pics to show how I do it. I just grabbed a bunch of random knives,sheaths, and mag pouches to illustrate the available real estate. It is nice and low profile with the tail not stacking over anything and pulling the tail from behind to cinch to preferred level of snug isn't any more bothersome for me than buckling normally. While I normally just have a clinch pick and gun at aiwb, the extra room for whatever else I may need is nice and it keeps it low profile.

"...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

My holster is in a similar position as Cory’s. If my pants make me move the holster, I throw the pants away.

"You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Site Supporter
    I run belt tail in same direction as gun butt, with buckle behind butt. I find this helps pull butt into my body. When I run tail reversed to butt, the gun is not as snug to body.
    Last edited by Hideeho; 09-24-2019 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Punctuation

User Tag List