Thread: Week 339: Defoor Pistol Test 1

Week 339: Defoor Pistol Test 1

Week 339: Defoor Pistol Test 1

Results may be posted until October 20th, 2019.

Designed by: Kyle Defoor
    Range: 25 and 7 yards
    Target: USPSA Metric with additional B8 repair center. Download B8 here: https://pistol-forum.com/attachment....1&d=1322428748
    Start Position: Concealed and holstered for all strings
    Rounds Fired: 15

Defoor Pistol Test 1 is intended to be run cold. In the video below, Defoor specifies a week or ten days of not shooting to meet his definition of cold. A lot of us aren't going to go that long without shooting. Do use it as the first drill of a shooting session without prior warmup, however.

Defoor also specifies 6 yards as the closer shooting distance in his video. The distance has since been changed to 7 yards.

Position the B8 repair center so that the bottom edge aligns with the C/D zone of the USPSA Metric target. You can see the positioning in the video.

String 1: Start with your hand touching the target. At the start signal to run to the 25 yard line, face downrange, draw, and shoot 6 rounds to the B8 repair center. Score the B8. Must have at least 50 points, must complete string in less than 30 seconds (including running uprange.) Over time shot or less than 50 points = FAIL

The rest of the test is conducted at the 7 yard line, with the B8 repair center now representing a hostage.

String 2: At the start signal, draw and shoot 1 round to the lower A-zone. It will actually be the upper half of the lower A-zone, directly above the B8. Must hit in under 2 seconds. Over time shot or miss (out of the reduced lower A-zone) = FAIL

String 3: At the start signal, draw and shoot 6 rounds to the lower A-zone. It will actually be the upper half of the lower A-zone, directly above the B8. Must hit with all shots in under 4.5 seconds. Over time shot or miss (out of the reduced lower A-zone) = FAIL

String 4: At the start signal, draw and shoot 2 rounds to the upper A-zone (credit card in the head.) Must hit with all shots in under 3.5 seconds. Over time shot or miss (out of the upper A-zone) = FAIL

Please report the following when you post your results in this thread:

Pistol, holster, and concealment used
    Time and number of hits for each string
    Pass or Fail
    Anything you noticed

Kyle Defoor shooting Defoor Pistol Test 1:

Training with firearms is an inherently dangerous activity. Be sure to follow all safety protocols when using firearms or practicing these drills. These drills are provided for information purposes only. Use at your own risk.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Pistol, holster, and concealment used: Gen5 G17, concealed under a polo shirt in a Keeper
    Time and number of hits for each string: String 1 - 13.63, 52 points/String 2 - .93, hit/String 3 - 2.25, 6 hits/String 4 - 1.57 1 hit, 1 miss an inch or so low
    Pass or Fail: Fail
    Anything you noticed: I tried it again...the way I like to do it with halved par times. Missed a clean run by one shot, again. I think that has happened most times I've attempted it. Still fun.

Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

5" m&p 2.0
    Jmck 2.5
    Under a fleece

Fail- clean but ot on string 3

1. 52/21.57
    2. 1.65 clean
    3. 4.63 clean
    4. 3.29 clean

I got in my head and took too long on the bill drill wanting a clean run. I'd take an ot clean run vs a smoking miss any day though. Ugly hits to the upper a.

Name:  20191017_112506.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  25.7 KB
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Here is an appropriate sized target that some may find useful.
    Defoor Pistol Test #1.pdf

Combined with:
    B-8 (orange).pdf

I hope to shoot this first thing on Sunday, which would be 12 days cold.
    Taking a break from social media.

12 days cold
    HK P30v1
    JRC CDAII from under a t shirt
    SB124

So close to not failing.

I rarely go a week without shooting, let alone 12 days. I love to hate this test.

Name:  20191020_184813.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  18.2 KB
    Taking a break from social media.

User Tag List