Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for ideas on a new CC pistol

Site Supporter
    I focus on
    I find some long enough T-shirts
    Get off the t-shirts shtick. Go to Academy or some similar store and you can find very long and light weight outdoor shirts that are inexpensive. Look at Magellan's line. Plenty of folks drive around all day with OWB and a cover shirt. Don't cabs have AC, so you won't die of the heat.

Now, I typed long t-shirts into Amazon and guess what, there are lots. Now, they are described as for hipsters. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

By now you're picking up that, around here, pocket carry is considered borderline "no-no" or an absolute last resort, at least partially because of the lack of quality options. If a 12oz loaded 10-round single stack "P229sc" with a safe, solid pocket holster existed you and I would both be in heaven, but it doesn't, so we gotta compromise. I own a G42 because it's the absolute minimum I would ever carry, but it is FAR from perfect. A G43 weighs more and is on the edge of pocketability IMO. Same with a P365 and your LC9s, but from this and your previous post it sounds like you're reconsidering this style. You would probably like the action on a P99c or XD-E but now we're approaching the size and weight of many other guns, including TDAs (Traditional Double Action, FYI) and your PX4s that won't realistically pocket carry.

My point is perfect pocket carry is essentially impossible. If you MUST do it, as I do occasionally, accept that it's going to suck. Whenever your clothing/situation allows, go with a bigger gun. Maybe some day we'll have a perfectly safe gun that feels and handles identically in 3 sizes, pocket, EDC, and full, but today it doesn't exist.
    Last edited by ArgentFix; 09-20-2019 at 02:08 PM.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    “The Berettas are just too much to carry on me.”

You are a 6ft, 270 lb truck driver and your the Berettas are “too” much” to carry on you....
    I'm a touch smaller, and here's my thread on carrying a 6" N-frame concealed:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ot-N-frame-IWB

I did this for three reasons:

1)...because I don't believe in owning a pistol that can't be pressed into defensive duty if required.
    2)... for when people say "I can't carry anything bigger than (insert mouse gun here).
    3) Shits and giggles factor
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    I apologize if this sounds flippant (not my intent); maybe you just need a better belt and better holsters.

A better belt/holster combo made a huge difference for me.
    For what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Site Supporter
    If you carry a pocket gun like J frame or a semi (G42) you absolutely have to practice and train with it. I sometimes carry a 642 or 432 and thus did Claude's snubby class. I shoot the guns in competition (as BUGS) to get some more than square range. The grip, sights, etc. need practice. I usually find that I need a tune up as the first rounds are not exactly where they should be (not wild but off a touch).

You don't need to pull a pocket gun (ignoring draw problems) and throw a round off to the left, right and up or down off target. You need to test this. Also, do it one handed A one handed cylinder of +P rounds or small mag of similar can be interesting. Then try it with your nondominant hand. Oh, crap, I just shot Elmo accidentally at the truck stop. Oops!

I'm a truck driver and I can tell you that nothing is more accessible from the seated position than ankle carry. Does it suck as a primary for everything else? Yes. But it thrives from the seated and belted position.
    Strap a J to your ankle and carry a real gun on your waist.

Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    For what?

For one of your existing pistols

I’m liking that little Springfield.

Again, I primarily chose this method for sitting down in the truck all day. Of course it’s not gonna be very good for when I’m out of the truck standing up, but next to finding a concealed open carry version that works and can be covered, I don’t know of any other way.

Why not a fanny pack then? No need for a new pistol if you like what you have. Keep it on your lap or console while driving and just wear it around when you aren’t. If you’re just looking to buy a new pistol that’s fine but there are other solutions that been offered here.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

For what?
    For instance, here is a PX4 full size worn under a t-shirt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=wfUh08p-NNU

User Tag List