Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Looking for ideas on a new CC pistol

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    The XDE is the only small DA/SA pistol I know of in production.
    I’ll look more into it.
    But I agree you are better off coming up with a solid carry method for what you have.
    Makes sense.

Not a trick question at all in the why carry a gun thing. Would “to preserve my life?” be assuming too much in your answer?
    I figured it was implied. Why else would we be interested in carrying a gun? And I’m being serious here. I truly thought you might of been asking me a trick question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    I go back and forth on this thread. I think the OP really wants to learn something, since he's reading and searching out new stuff, and some of that is contradictory. On the other hand, he does pipe up with some mildly cringeworthy retorts that are unnecessary and make him sound like a doofus. .
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    You got all this just from asking questions and not backing down to bullying just because I’m the new guy??

But damn, I guess I oughta just turn my permit in and sell all my guns because I guess the high and mighty buttfire.... I mean jetfire
    This is one big reason people are reacting poorly to you. You are coming across as a sulky child who has to slap back at any slight, real or perceived. I've given you the benefit of the doubt and assumed your online persona doesn't reflect you in real life. I'm hoping you're here to learn like you keep claiming. However posts like this make me second guess that. You are digging a hole feeling like you need to respond to any perceived slight with this school-yard antics. It's tiresome.

Yes, the OP- me... wants to learn something just despite a major consensus here who probably feels otherwise.
    When you're getting that reaction from the majority, maybe stop and think about why and if you're presenting yourself like you want to. I think you'll find your opportunity to learn curtailed if you continue the path you are on now.
    Last edited by BehindBlueI's; 09-21-2019 at 09:20 PM.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    This.
    C’mon, man. I mean, I get it, the need to fit in with the majority is one thing but, c’mon.

It is not that.

This is one big reason people are reacting poorly to you.
    It is?? You do realize that 90% of This is pure reaction to first shots fired??

You are coming across as a sulky child who has to slap back at any slight, real or perceived.
    Excuse me for not seeing all this as anything but jabs to the new guy who just isn’t laying there expected like a dog to be kicked and to never bite back.

I've given you the benefit of the doubt and assumed your online persona doesn't reflect you in real life.
    Funny, I just figured you were one of the ones being serious and not adding to the bullshit.

I'm hoping you're here to learn like you keep claiming.
    Well, do I need to draw it out for guys? Get the slide rule and the overhead projector? Because yes, that’s the only reason I keep hanging around and hadn’t gone elsewhere yet.
    However posts like this make me second guess that.
    Well, I’m sorry you feel that way. Please revert to the lying dog comment above.

You are digging a hole feeling like you need to respond to any perceived slight with this school-yard antics.
    It’s exactly that, schoolyard antics because I’m new here. People think they can just say what they want and expect me to not react.

It's tiresome.
    Yes, it is. I really wish we could move forward and stop with all this. It’s getting very tiresome. I’ve already had one thread closed because of it.

When you're getting that reaction from the majority, maybe stop and think about why and if you're presenting yourself like you want to.
    So the phrase- “Birds of a feather, flock together” mean nothing?

I think you'll find your opportunity to learn curtailed if you continue the path you are on now.
    You’re probably right.

Trying to get back on topic, does anyone have one of those Springfield XD-E’s? I see they make one in a 45 as well. Maybe it’s just me but I would think this small of a gun in 45 would be a bit much. Thoughts? I think if I did go this route the 9mm version would be the better choice.

Is this a trick question?
    You’re going to get very different answers to your original question if you say, “I’m hunting Cape buffalo in S. Africa and need a reliable backup to my 450 Nitro Express double rifle” versus “I need a sock drawer pistol for my 87 year old grandmother”.

What specific situations and threats do you face that determine or constrain your choices of handgun?

Again, assume that we really want to help you. Already, we’ve pointed you towards the XD-E, which appears to likely work for you.

I suggest a PX4C in a good holster for commonality with your primary pistols.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    You’re going to get very different answers to your original question if you say, “I’m hunting Cape buffalo in S. Africa and need a reliable backup to my 450 Nitro Express double rifle” versus “I need a sock drawer pistol for my 87 year old grandmother”.

What specific situations and threats do you face that determine or constrain your choices of handgun?

Again, assume that we really want to help you. Already, we’ve pointed you towards the XD-E, which appears to likely work for you.

I suggest a PX4C in a good holster for commonality with your primary pistols.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I get it, that’s why I didn’t lead off that way.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen one of these little Springfield’s, much less even heard of one but, in considering it even before I’ve even seen one, it’s sounds like a pretty good option that maybe I could’ve even pursued way back then when I was looking for a CC gun the first time.

But I have a PX4 Storm Compact chambered in 9mm. It’s a nice little gun.

More tech talk, less feelings.
    #RESIST

User Tag List