Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for ideas on a new CC pistol

Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    By just simply saying that it wasn’t recommended. As I said before, they just said that since the Type F has a safety that the gun wasn’t designed to be carried with the safety off.

But to better answer your question: I’m assuming because cops aren’t/weren’t carrying type F’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I know you put me on your ignore list, however your statement is factually incorrect. Beretta does not recommend against carrying the M9 with the safety off at the professional level, and in fact produces guns that are designed to be carried with the hammer down and the safety off (the G-model). The designated mode of carry for MANY agencies, including mine (USAF SF) for our M9/92FS pistols is with the hammer down on a live round and the safety off.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Beats the hell out of fumbling with a pocket flap and a holster flopping around inside the pocket.
    It was actually really simple.

As for waist carry, I AIWB carry a G19 and I'm 5'7", 164 lbs. And I can wear it sitting all day without any issue.
    That’s probably fine for a small frame like that but I’m almost another 100 pounds heavier than that. Besides, I’m not interested in appendix carry and nor do I want anything crammed on the inside of my waistband.

Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    That’s probably fine for a small frame like that but I’m almost another 100 pounds heavier than that. Besides, I’m not interested in appendix carry and nor do I want anything crammed on the inside of my waistband.
    You got me there... Everyone knows the smaller your frame the easier it is to conceal full size guns. [emoji849]

You got me there... Everyone knows the smaller your frame the easier it is to conceal full size guns. [emoji849]
    Better not tell that to like...the whole shitload of large dudes who successfully carry AIWB.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Better not tell that to like...the whole shitload of large dudes who successfully carry AIWB.
    Exactly... I was being sarcastic. Maybe the "rolled eyes" emoji didn't translate.
    The bigger you are the more real estate you have to hide shit. And if your gut causes discomfort with AIWB then lose weight. That's what I did... I made a concerted effort to drop 30 lbs so AIWB was a lot more comfortable. I'm now better armed and healthier.
    Last edited by GearFondler; 09-21-2019 at 12:07 AM.

Exactly... I was being sarcastic. Maybe the "rolled eyes" emoji didn't translate.
    The bigger you are the more real estate you have to hide shit. And if your gut causes discomfort with AIWB then lose weight. That's what I did... I made a concerted effort to drop 30 lbs so AIWB was a lot more comfortable. I'm now better armed and healthier.
    I was picking up the sarcasm and agreeing with you, actually.

I was picking up the sarcasm and agreeing with you, actually.
    Gotcha... High Five.

Banned
    I think I'm probably on ignore too but I'm going to echo somebody else's advice.

Before you go out and buy a new gun get a decent belt and a decent holster and some decent training.

Getting some actual, professional training changed my whole perspective. The very first thing I learned was how much I didn't know then as I started to improved I learned what didn't work.

I told this story before but I ended up changing how and where I carried my equipment. What kind of equipment I carried. What kind of gun I carried. I decided that having a "carry rotation" didn't work for me. And I got really serious about training and practice.

So my recommendation is go take a class and find out if what you're doing works before you do anything else
    Last edited by Cypher; 09-21-2019 at 05:15 AM.

I know you put me on your ignore list, however your statement is factually incorrect. Beretta does not recommend against carrying the M9 with the safety off at the professional level, and in fact produces guns that are designed to be carried with the hammer down and the safety off (the G-model). The designated mode of carry for MANY agencies, including mine (USAF SF) for our M9/92FS pistols is with the hammer down on a live round and the safety off.
    Are we talking about the M9?? No. Well, at least I’m not, you are. I didn’t think I’d have to spell it out but for any of the PX4 Storms in a Type F configuration, BERETTA TOLD ME IN AN EMAIL WHEN I INQUIRED ABOUT IT AND THAT’S WHAT THEY TOLD ME!

Stop telling me “I’m factually incorrect” when I know what they told me.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Maybe the "rolled eyes" emoji didn't translate.
    I suspect you're using tapatalk or something, but for those of us who don't when you guys use emojis all we see is:

[ e mo j i 8 4 9 ]

(spaces added, of course)
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List